Thread: Extreme bed leveling & why its cheaper to replace .

Post Thanks / Like

Default Extreme bed leveling & why its cheaper to replace .

After watching this video ,I am glad I didn't try removing the stock creality magnetic bed plate .
    I simply installed the PEI magnet directly over top . this may have improved the factory warpage to some degree

The hours this poor fellow wasted on a less than 40$ item is incredible.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Extreme bed leveling & why its cheaper to replace .

The process in called flat lapping.
    I have not tried to get into the 3d printing arena because I have a clue how much I don't know. This for example.
    Is the PEI magnet surface any "flatter" than stock?

Post Thanks / Like

Twice as thick .
    And whatever it is called what this fellow did to a cheap bed is a total waste of time imo .

One can purchase a completely flat sheet of aluminum that is not as prone to warpage as these cheapo heatbeds are and construct an new bed in a 10th of the time this fellow wasted .
    Though it is interesting to see his clever mapping in software.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry-Rigs View Post
    The process in called flat lapping.
    I have not tried to get into the 3d printing arena because I have a clue how much I don't know. This for example.
    Is the PEI magnet surface any "flatter" than stock?
    Ps Not knowing something and allowing it to prevent you stalls progression indefinitely for certain .
    Jump aboard and get printing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angus40 View Post
    Ps Not knowing something and allowing it to prevent you stalls progression indefinitely for certain .
    Jump aboard and get printing
    Thank you for the encouragement.
    I would love to get into boating as well but then I looked up the definition of "boat": A hole in the water that you throw time and money into.
    I have too many hobbies that fit that definition already.
    Good talk. Now if you will excuse me, I need to go troubleshoot an SS-24, track down a bad connection in a pixel string, rebuild my window frames, ....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry-Rigs View Post
    Thank you for the encouragement.
    I would love to get into boating as well but then I looked up the definition of "boat": A hole in the water that you throw time and money into.
    I have too many hobbies that fit that definition already.
    Good talk. Now if you will excuse me, I need to go troubleshoot an SS-24, track down a bad connection in a pixel string, rebuild my window frames, ....
    I'm with you...I responded in another thread about 3D printers about how my "finance manager" only wants to know exactly *why* I need a 3D printer. Short answer: I don't, but I bet I could find a use for it. Her response was that I've already got enough expensive hobbies and knowing me as well as she does, she knows I would start buying all sorts of little extras on top of just the normal supplies you would need for a 3D printer. Yes, it would be nice for me to see some of the cool little items that others are doing here, and print some out for myself, but the reality is that I don't truly need one at this point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stormyblade View Post
    I'm with you...I responded in another thread about 3D printers about how my "finance manager" only wants to know exactly *why* I need a 3D printer. Short answer: I don't, but I bet I could find a use for it. Her response was that I've already got enough expensive hobbies and knowing me as well as she does, she knows I would start buying all sorts of little extras on top of just the normal supplies you would need for a 3D printer. Yes, it would be nice for me to see some of the cool little items that others are doing here, and print some out for myself, but the reality is that I don't truly need one at this point.
    Actually these 3D printers are dirt cheap compared to anything remotely related to the Christmas light hobby. Playing bridge is probably the only hobby cheaper than 3D printing .

Post Thanks / Like

I bought one last spring. Then I bought another in the fall. Then I bought a whole boat load of upgrades. Then I bought a boat. So, yeah.

Jeff
    Please consider becoming a Supporting Member of DIYC. Show your thanks to those who make this place possible.

Post Thanks / Like

A boat named Wemos .....................