Thread: Change of phonemic expression

Post Thanks / Like

Default Change of phonemic expression

I have been using lipsync for some years. I have a phonemic expression (a single word) which is automaticly changed into an expression with to many phonemic sounds, so every time this word is in a phrase I need to correct this manually. Is there someway I can erase a single word in some metadata so it will be done correctly in the future?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Change of phonemic expression

The dictionary is not exposed in a way the user can edit it. We use the latest version of the CMU Pronouncing dictionary which is from 2014. Which word produces the incorrect result? I can see if that word is in the dictionary or if it is just guessing.

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't there a "user" file for words that are not in the dictionary? If so, is it applied before or after the main dictionary is searched?

What I am thinking here is I thought that once a word is found, no further "searching" is done. So, if the user dictionary was used first, placing a word in the user dictionary should negate a search in the main. This is, of course, if the main is searched after the user.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by algerdes View Post
    Isn't there a "user" file for words that are not in the dictionary? If so, is it applied before or after the main dictionary is searched?

What I am thinking here is I thought that once a word is found, no further "searching" is done. So, if the user dictionary was used first, placing a word in the user dictionary should negate a search in the main. This is, of course, if the main is searched after the user.
    There is a user dictionary, but I was interested in seeing if the internal definition was actually incorrect and we should fix it vs every user having to make a user dictionary to override it. If it turns out the word does not exist, or the user has a different view of how it should be mapped, then the user dictionary will be the approach we take.

Post Thanks / Like

Understood. Do you know which dictionary is checked first?
    My point is that the standard dictionary is updated from time to time, not under our control. (I have stories to tell about this happening to my programs over the years. ) You could add the change into the user dictionary as part of the distribution.
    Last edited by algerdes; 01-07-2021 at 10:49 AM.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by algerdes View Post
    Understood. Do you know which dictionary is checked first?
    It is a unified dictionary, so if the user dictionary has an entry, it replaces the one in the standard dictionary. However as I recall it is case sensitive so the user entry needs to be in upper case as well or it will be ignored.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that information. Good to know about and another tool in the old box!
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

So I have two danish words I use. Jeg (means I) and det (means it), very simple words. They are translated like this: phoenmesounds.JPG (picture attached). This is way to much for such small words with only one vocal.

Post Thanks / Like

So related to my example above in this thread is there a way I can change the results of the words that is wrong?

Post Thanks / Like

You can always substitute a word in the timing track to give the Phenome for the mouth position you desire. No one but you will ever see it.
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes
    2018 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights
    2019 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights
    2020 - Emergency Conversion to Falcon F48 with limited wireless