Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PEI and Ender 3 Pro ... almost there .

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PEI and Ender 3 Pro ... almost there .

Quote Originally Posted by steve123 View Post
    I print PETG at 230 with the bed at 85 for first layer and 90 thereafter. PETG likes a good warm bed.
    Creality does not recommend or guarantee their bed beyond 80 degrees

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Millard View Post
    Yes
    Then to avoid the PETG from bonding to the bed too just increase your Z-offset in the slicer to .2mm more. This will give you the extra space PETG needs to be "laid down" and not squished onto the PEI.
    Once you have installed the bltouch you will not believe how hands off 3D printing becomes. With the spring steel/magnetic bed and bltouch you won't have to level your bed again.
    Just make sure to remove the spring steel after each print and flex it to remove. DO NOT remove the print while on the printer as it will throw your levelling off if still using springs.
    Most people who installed a bltouch remove the springs entirely and replace them with posts to ensure nothing gets thrown off. I haven't had to do that as of yet (still use original springs).
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Turning down the Extruder temp seems to have solved the problem. 220 - 230 with a 70 bed temp makes it stick enough, and it releases easily after cooling. I took Richard's advice on leveling and most of my problems are solved. Agree with Phil about the bed temp for keeping PETG adhered to the bed during printing, but a little dab of purple Elmer's glue helps if it just won't stick. I'm not messing with upgrades to the Ender 5 right now. I've got a pile of parts including a BLTouch and replacement motherboard for the Ender 3 that might get installed this weekend. I really overspent and got cut off... Thanks for the suggestions and help. I'll read this thread over and over to make sure I didn't miss anything. You guys are awesome and really helped this ancient weak mind out a lot!

Jeff
    Please consider becoming a Supporting Member of DIYC. Show your thanks to those who make this place possible.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123