Thread: Help Finding Post About CNC PCBs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help Finding Post About CNC PCBs

Looking for a relatively newer post about milling a PCB.

This new year's projects will likely include building a CNC for smaller (24"x ??) projects and want to know what size limitations I might need to keep in mind to mill some PCBs. PCBs will likely include power distribution and signal distribution.
    Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help Finding Post About CNC PCBs

Quote Originally Posted by kev View Post
    Looking for a relatively newer post about milling a PCB.

This new year's projects will likely include building a CNC for smaller (24"x ??) projects and want to know what size limitations I might need to keep in mind to mill some PCBs. PCBs will likely include power distribution and signal distribution.
    I. Was looking at some desktop CNC for that. Same purpose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

FOUND IT !!!

It was on the DoItYourselfChristmas Facebook Group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/diyc...64512964605331
    Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. Let me know how it goes. I am working on a 1610 size desktop mill as well as an MPCNC. Neither one are complete yet, but I'll get there one of these days...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kev View Post

Working with milled pcb's is a real pain. Suppliers in China will make you a board for $5 (plus shipping). You get a solder mask and silkscreen and much better design tolerances.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I have used some pcb suppliers in China and will continue to do so. As my original post said I have other materials i am interested in and PCBs are just another medium that interests me. I think it could be fruitful to mill a board prior to having PCBs made overseas. And I like to learn different techniques for different projects.
    Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

I had boards made in China. As soon as I got them, I had an idea for an improvement, so I made the changes and ordered again. Then when I got them, I had another... Well, you get the idea. I’d love to have a CNC and a bunch of double sided board. I can think of a dozen projects I’d tackle right now.

Jeff
    Please consider becoming a Supporting Member of DIYC. Show your thanks to those who make this place possible.