Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: about combining FPP with universes (i use ESP8266).

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: about combining FPP with universes (i use ESP8266).

Connect Pi 4 -> NewiFi 3D2 directly. This may eliminate some of your lag .

Post Thanks / Like

A hub works on the physical layer (Layer 1) of OSI model while Switch works on the data link layer (Layer 2). ... A switch can join multiple computers within one LAN, and a hub just connects multiple Ethernet devices together as a single segment. Switch is smarter than hub to determine the target of the forwarding data

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angus40 View Post
    A hub works on the physical layer (Layer 1) of OSI model while Switch works on the data link layer (Layer 2). ... A switch can join multiple computers within one LAN, and a hub just connects multiple Ethernet devices together as a single segment. Switch is smarter than hub to determine the target of the forwarding data
    okk, i will try to move the Pi4 indoors and connect it directly to the Newifi 3 D2 router.

Post Thanks / Like

hubs have not been manufactured in 20 years.

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

the show player must have a wired connection to the to the network or the jitter gets very bad.

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.

Post Thanks / Like

You mentioned you have a Pi Zero W. if i recall, that only has a WiFi network interface. You'll want to get yourself a wired interface for that pi to connect it to your network. You don't want to sent the sACN/e1.31 up to the AP over wifi. It should only go out from the AP to the ESPs over wifi.

Post Thanks / Like

thank you everyone I just moved the Pi4 (FPP Player) inside and plugged the 3m long LAN cord directly into the Newifi 3D2 router and the Test light array ran smoothly, but if moved inside, the sound was difficult to handle because of the inside house outside the yard is about 30m long ... so I plan to extend the LAN cord 30m but still directly from the Main Router Newifi 3D2, is it okay?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    You mentioned you have a Pi Zero W. if i recall, that only has a WiFi network interface. You'll want to get yourself a wired interface for that pi to connect it to your network. You don't want to sent the sACN/e1.31 up to the AP over wifi. It should only go out from the AP to the ESPs over wifi.
    yes I said I have Pi zero, but before the Pi4 I ordered it from China, my Pi zero was working on it, and a few days after the Pi4 came back I used the Pi4. test FPP immediately

Post Thanks / Like

Make the PI4 an FPP master. Make the PIzero an FPP remote. Sync all of the files. Put the master in the house (wired to the AP). Put the PI zero outside and attach it to the sound system you are using. The FPP remote stays in sync with the FPP master using very short messages. No long cables.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoangtruong View Post
    so I plan to extend the LAN cord 30m but still directly from the Main Router Newifi 3D2, is it okay?
    30m cat5/6/7 is fine. Well within specs and should work good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast