Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ender 3 pro magnetic bed cover

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ender 3 pro magnetic bed cover

Fair enough.
    Just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing some important advantage!
    Quote Originally Posted by angus40 View Post
    The mirror looks cooler than glass !

Post Thanks / Like

Well I have discovered that these stock bed covers are not all equal .

I printed more than 20 Clear PETG pixel covers on my first machine without issue .

I then copied the gcode to my second machine and have had nothing but grief with the PETG
    sticking to the bed .

It sticks so bad that trying to remove the part has ripped the hole through to the bed plate .
    I then relocated the parts print position on the bed and more grief , with the very first print peeling the surface .
    Have sent video and complaint to Creality .

Upon inspecting the magnetic cover it feels thinner than the cover on the first machine and considerably more textured .
    In the meanwhile I had ordered the PEI from Comgrow which should arrive tomorrow .
    Were you trying to remove prints while the bed was still warm?

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Cold removal , or at least try to remove . This particular bed plate is so bad that even small drips at the home position are near impossible to get off . Printed over 100 parts now on the first machine without any issue on original bed plate.

The second machine has peel spots everywhere I have printed .Wasted enough time with that rubbish and happily scrapped that second rate bed plate and moved on .

Post Thanks / Like

Did you press Creality for a new bed or a glass plate?
    Cold removal , or at least try to remove . This particular bed plate is so bad that even small drips at the home position are near impossible to get off . Printed over 100 parts now on the first machine without any issue on original bed plate.

The second machine has peel spots everywhere I have printed .Wasted enough time with that rubbish and happily scrapped that second rate bed plate and moved on .

Post Thanks / Like

I sent them a video of both printers and the beds simultaneously . Will see what they have to say, but won't be holding my breath as the sum of the parts is more than the cost of the machine .

Post Thanks / Like

When running the glass plate/mirror tile, do you need hair spray or blue tape for adhesion?
    I sent them a video of both printers and the beds simultaneously . Will see what they have to say, but won't be holding my breath as the sum of the parts is more than the cost of the machine .

Post Thanks / Like

Smart move! After my mag bed got tore/messed up I ordered a glass bed and never looked back, so much better.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Part # 2 My final analogy on this The Best bed period !

Post Thanks / Like

I turfed the mirror and sticking with PEI for now . I don't like the idea of using glues and other materials to get a bond if not needed .

The real test may be printing with nylon filament. I will order a spool to test with.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is Creality's reply to their crappy bed magnet .

My settings were /are for Petg 215/70
    Yes definitely do to scratching, peeling and outright gouging , short of getting out the grinder ,pickaxe or plasma cutter to get parts off of this faulty product .

All is fine on the first machine with the standard magnetic bed plate .
    So don't count on warranty from Creality is the gist I got from this reply.
    I guess it stands to reason as we have become accepting of China products being tossed out
    week to days of purchasing them.

Does anyone remember when we use to say Amen "Made in the USA" ? You know them good ole days !

Dear customer,
    According to the video provided, the soft magnet is broken,
    The picture shows that the soft magnet may be damaged due to scratching or high temperature. I regret that I cannot reissue you a new soft magnet because the damage caused by use is not covered by the warranty.

Suggestion: The soft magnet cannot be used with a hot bed temperature exceeding 80 degrees Celsius, otherwise it will be easily damaged.

If you need it, we recommend buying it yourself.
    Hope you have a good day!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast