Thread: FPP and WiFi plugs

Post Thanks / Like

Default FPP and WiFi plugs

There are some new waterproof WiFi controls AC outlets in the market, wondering if FPP has the ability to control these? Right now my "standard" lights are turned on and off by another Pi running HomeAware where the outlets are controlled by relays I installed when I built my house. I have two choices...running a cable between the FPP and the Pi running the main house control, or just intercepting the lights at the eve outlets with a WiFi controlled device.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FPP and WiFi plugs

If you can control the smart outlets over WiFi using either HTTP or MQTT then FPP can turn them on and off via a FPP Command. My outside lights playlist makes sure my porch light is turned off before the display turns on and it turns the porch light back off when the display ends. My indoor pixel tree playlist turns on and off 4 other smart outlets around the living room to control various other Christmas lights and decorations around the room.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Good info, now Im thinking about having smarts plugs on all my power supplies and maybe a few props.