Thread: Falcon F16v3 routing to Home network from Pi 4

Post Thanks / Like

Default Falcon F16v3 routing to Home network from Pi 4

So I am trying to setup my Pi4 as standalone for my F16v3 controller. I have followed steps from

Network Setup: Falcon Player FPP with Falcon F16v3 Controller
    October 14, 2017 by Brian

But I am running into an issue with the final step.

"In this last step we need to tell your local PC that you have another subnet mask actually located behind the Raspberry Pi, because your router isnít that smart to know whats behind it. So to do this we setup a PC IP route to point your PC to the Raspberry Pi "

MS command prompt (CMD)

>> route add 192.168.1.0 mask 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.8 -p

I am using a chromebook so MS CMD prompt is not an option. Chromebooks have Crosh but if i use the above command, I get an error.

Anyone try routing another subnet using Crosh?

Any advice beside the foreseeable get a Windowsor Mac haha
    Suggestions anyone?

I tried this command using my RPi 4 Ip address but of course being a chromebook I got an error.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Falcon F16v3 routing to Home network from Pi 4

I’m not sure about the commands that you are using but I signed into the pi using http://FPP then set up my wlan 0 to a static ip address on the router and set up the eth 0 to a static address on a different subnet. I put the falcon on a ip address on the same subnet as the Ethernet. Then set up a proxy setting with the static ip of the falcon. On the falcon you have to turn on control by the proxy device.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Falcon F16v3 routing to Home network from Pi 4

Quote Originally Posted by Srmorgan View Post
    I’m not sure about the commands that you are using but I signed into the pi using http://FPP then set up my wlan 0 to a static ip address on the router and set up the eth 0 to a static address on a different subnet. I put the falcon on a ip address on the same subnet as the Ethernet. Then set up a proxy setting with the static ip of the falcon. On the falcon you have to turn on control by the proxy device.
    Thanks for the info. I’ll look into this, I have a mi or setback running a company owned router so they limit the amount of accessibility to their equipment. Guess I’ll look into getting a personal router to ease the process it seems like. I was able to get into the f16 while it was connected to the Ethernet cable. And I can access the FPP(Pi) using the static Ip, now I’m just trying to get the f16 access to send and receive data via the FPP. I’ll get back to you and see if the recommendation works. Thank you