Thread: Transition between effects or Sequences

Post Thanks / Like

Default Transition between effects or Sequences

Hello,

I am using Xlights with a falcon pi player and pi cap to control pixels on my roofline. I am not sequencing them to music, I set the lights to certain colors and patterns in a static display. I have been doing this by creating short sequences than playing one and setting it to repeat. I have a number of these made and when I want to change, I adjust the playlist with the sequence I want to display. I have been trying to figure out how I can create a longer sequence where it will run and cycle through the different color patterns. Where I am getting stuck is how to make a smooth transition from one color pattern to another. My thought is to fade the lights off then back on with the new color pattern. How would I do this? Or do you have any other ideas?

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Transition between effects or Sequences

You can use the in and out transitions in the Layer Blending window. Just choose the transition you want from the dropdown box and set the time you want the transition to be active. You could also use layers to overlap your effects and have one effect transition into the next.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kenoman742 View Post
    You can use the in and out transitions in the Layer Blending window. Just choose the transition you want from the dropdown box and set the time you want the transition to be active. You could also use layers to overlap your effects and have one effect transition into the next.
    Thank you kenoman742. I don't see these options. I am using the ON effect on each node and setting the color of each node with that effect to create my color pattern. For example I have a pattern of 2 white, 2 red alternating. Maybe there is a better way?

Post Thanks / Like

To get the color pattern of 2 white and 2 red alternating, try the Marquee effect. Use the effect settings window to set the pattern. You can vary how often the colors alternate and the speed the pattern travels or have the pattern as a stationary effect with no movement. Using this method you won't have to program each node.
    Marquee Effect.jpg

The in and out transitions can be controlled in the Layer Blending window.
    Layer Blending.png

You can also try different rendering settings in the Layer Settings window.
    Layer Settings.png

Let me know if this helps any.

Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much kenoman742! This is awesome! The marquee effect is the only one I haven't tried. This is exactly what I have been looking for. I got it to work and with much less work than the way I have been doing it.

Merry Christmas!