Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Does master/slave mode mean I can't also control an e682 from the switch

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Does master/slave mode mean I can't also control an e682 from the switch

Quote Originally Posted by XmasinVancouver View Post
    When I was running it on vixen from the laptop, via wifi to the router nearby (since it was supposed to just be for testing temporarily) The crazy thing, If I leave the pi connected to the network via wifi, have my laptop connected to the show network via wifi, the show will play. And even if I don't have any kind of bridge mode setup for anything on the pi, while vixen is playing, all the esp's and the e682 will show up in the multisync page of fpp as bridge devices and show data packets flowing and statuses. I tried last night to stick the pi wlan on some random network that didn't exist and set the output again via eth0 in source, and same exact thing. This is also when vixen is closed by the way. STP options in the router are confirmed turned off, and double checked all the possible ip's and settings on the pi for network, no conflict. ONLY the eth0 was set to the 192.168.1.x subnet and all the ip's are static with no overlapping ones.

I also tried it with it being the only device connected to the ethernet port, no change. As far as I can tell, I can't disable the wlan, I can just set it to a different network

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Does master/slave mode mean I can't also control an e682 from the switch

Can you connect the wired ethernet of the pi to any networking equipment and access the pi? It's always possible there's a hardware issue on the ethernet port with that Pi.

It's hard to troubleshoot things with so many variables. Start by just connecting the pi. eth0 only. leave wlan0 unconfigured. And get to it's web interface. Then move it to the show router. Again eth0 only. get to it's web interface....see what's going on. Then try playing something.

BTW, i didn't necessarily say to turn off STP. if there's a loop, then it's doing it's job to break the loop. It should be left on in most cases.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    Can you connect the wired ethernet of the pi to any networking equipment and access the pi? It's always possible there's a hardware issue on the ethernet port with that Pi.

It's hard to troubleshoot things with so many variables. Start by just connecting the pi. eth0 only. leave wlan0 unconfigured. And get to it's web interface. Then move it to the show router. Again eth0 only. get to it's web interface....see what's going on. Then try playing something.

BTW, i didn't necessarily say to turn off STP. if there's a loop, then it's doing it's job to break the loop. It should be left on in most cases.
    I meant that after the very first time I configured it, it will no longer allow me to save a blank WLAN, I have to put in an ip even a non existant one for it or it reverts. Stp was already turned off by the way. I never edited the setting. I'll get back with the results

Post Thanks / Like

Does this particular Pi require a Wireless usb adapter for Wlan functionality ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angus40 View Post
    Does this particular Pi require a Wireless usb adapter for Wlan functionality ?
    Nope. Built in.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Tried swapping out another ras pi with the existing sd card as configured. Same result. It will actually stay stable for up to 20 seconds sometimes and even let me start to play a sequence before cutting out again. Going to try connecting with ethernet port to another device and check

Post Thanks / Like

You could try splashing dd-wrt firmware (if supported) onto that salvaged router and see if that resolves issues !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angus40 View Post
    You could try splashing dd-wrt firmware (if supported) onto that salvaged router and see if that resolves issues !
    Good. Thinking.... But that's exactly the firmware I'm running lol. So I connected the pi directly to my pc. I can access the ui via the ethernet ip stable, and even the wlan ip at the exact same time from my phone. Doesn't seem to be freaking out so far

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a problem with the router now. Hard to tell if it's hardware or software. Does the Pi still cause the router to reset if the Pi is turned off?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678