Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Xlc-9

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Xlc-9

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Millard View Post
    Dikale is printing a bulb right now. Much better than the more expensive filament. Fun stuff!

Jeff
    Yea but 2 moths ago it was 16.99 a roll and like everyone else they have raised the price to 20.99 already really boils my blood everytime I find a great inexpensive fillament they raise the price when people start buying it ugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilmar View Post
    Yea but 2 moths ago it was 16.99 a roll and like everyone else they have raised the price to 20.99 already really boils my blood everytime I find a great inexpensive fillament they raise the price when people start buying it ugh

Naw, it's $16.99 right now. I got a gift card in a package left on the front porch. So I just bought 3 rolls $54.36. (I'll stop buying it for a bit... sorry. ;-))

Jeff
    Please consider becoming a Supporting Member of DIYC. Show your thanks to those who make this place possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Millard View Post
    Naw, it's $16.99 right now. I got a gift card in a package left on the front porch. So I just bought 3 rolls $54.36. (I'll stop buying it for a bit... sorry. ;-))

Jeff
    But all you need I havenít seen them run out yet lol

Post Thanks / Like

I got around to printing one of these, and I didn't bother to look at the dims. These are much bigger than 'normal' C9s, but the opening is the right size(ie the 'bulb' is really big, but the opening is just right). I attached a pic next to a C9 bulb from my 'Applights'. I an no expert in any 3d cad software, but is it easy to make it smaller? Height wise, it would need to be about 68% of the current size. If I use a slicer to just scale it down(which I did), the base is way too small. Using green filament...its what I had on hand, was checking size before I order the white filament.

IMG_1473.jpgIMG_1474.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by virgil1 View Post
    I got around to printing one of these, and I didn't bother to look at the dims. These are much bigger than 'normal' C9s, but the opening is the right size(ie the 'bulb' is really big, but the opening is just right). I attached a pic next to a C9 bulb from my 'Applights'. I an no expert in any 3d cad software, but is it easy to make it smaller? Height wise, it would need to be about 68% of the current size. If I use a slicer to just scale it down(which I did), the base is way too small. Using green filament...its what I had on hand, was checking size before I order the white filament.

IMG_1473.jpgIMG_1474.jpg
    I posted regular C9 as well

Post Thanks / Like

IMG_1473.jpgIMG_1474.jpg
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4726557

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone remind me why PETG is being used instead of PLA? Seems like PLA is easier to print with.

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone remind me why PETG is being used instead of PLA? Seems like PLA is easier to print with.
    PETG seems to fair better in sunlight, so it's preferred for the outside.

Jeff
    Please consider becoming a Supporting Member of DIYC. Show your thanks to those who make this place possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567