Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free goodies! Pentatonix-Carol of the bells Vixen sequence

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Free goodies! Pentatonix-Carol of the bells Vixen sequence

I have one "beatbox" sequence (Up On The Housetop). You're very right to be concerned with not inducing a seizure, being too overwhelming and/or random (I think a lot of sequences suffer from that).

A few things that I think about when sequencing:
    • Keep track of where your eyes are being focused. If they're constantly being pulled all over the scene, that's going to cause fatigue.
    • I think of "high-intensity" songs as a sprint--and nobody wants to sprint for 4 minutes. So consider shortening the sequence, or maybe include some "low-intensity" periods to give the viewers a break.
    • Black-space is your friend--all lights don't always need to be on and doing something. Again, with too much going on, people's eyes are always being pulled all over the place, and that causes fatigue.
    • All elements (in your show) can't each be doing a solo-performance all the time, at the same time. It's okay if some elements are just sitting in the background, chilling and being mellow.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Free goodies! Pentatonix-Carol of the bells Vixen sequence

I did this song in my 1st show this year on my own. I will play yours and see how different they are; then maybe I can can share my version too if its tailored more to the lights someone else needs that are similar to mine. If mine is way too simple because I have a lot of SSD elements mixed in, then we will all just forget I ever made this post. LOL

Wait, I just realized that was not the same band. The Pentatonix I did was Sugar Plum Fairy. See if I can load a pre-view.

Okay, sort of dark. 1st time using video screen capture. Also does not capture pixels as they are really laid out but you get the idea.

Last edited by TomsLEDs; 12-02-2020 at 11:54 PM.
    Love LEDs!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12