Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free goodies! Pentatonix-Carol of the bells Vixen sequence

Post Thanks / Like

Default Free goodies! Pentatonix-Carol of the bells Vixen sequence

This is something we have discussed many times, and I have wanted to get this going for a few years. So....gotta start somewhere, right? I've exported a sequence in progress for all to play with and do whatever you want. Clearly, you won't exactly be able to use it exactly as is unless you happen to copy my exact layout, but there is lots of useful data in there that can be used. I manually transcribed each of the 5 vocal parts to a rough 10 note scale prop (in my case columns). Or for example, I used the mini trees as the different "notes" for the bass part etc... Have a look. Anybody who wants to grab it, please do the following: 1) Let me know if it worked. I've never tried an export yet. 2)Let me know what you managed to do or plan to try to do with it. Entirely out of curiosity Happy shows to all!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZmV...ew?usp=sharing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Free goodies! Pentatonix-Carol of the bells Vixen sequence

Good Day. You exported an FSEQ file. As far as I know, there is no way to import an FSEQ file into vixen. All of the group information and effects information is lost when converting to FSEQ.

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

The sequence export is on the main panel in the tools menu. Export sequence package.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the section in the docs pertaining to importing and exporting sequences.

http://www.vixenlights.com/vixen-3-d...quence-import/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffu231 View Post
    Here is the section in the docs pertaining to importing and exporting sequences.

http://www.vixenlights.com/vixen-3-d...quence-import/
    My exhausted, burnt out brain bids you farewell lol. My bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, attempt number 2!!! Let me know how it worked out.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PEy...ew?usp=sharing

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. How about a video preview of the sequence?
    Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kev View Post
    Thanks. How about a video preview of the sequence?
    Here you go man. Again, sequence isn't 100% completed, but there should be lots of assets to play with or timing to incorporate. I'm very interested in how we can try to open up the sharing area in a way that's useful for all. So let's keep testing

Post Thanks / Like

It's definitely a tough one to sequence for many reasons, depending on your approach of course. In my case, particularly with Pentatonix or acapella tracks, the temptation is to map the different voices notes, so you often have 4-5 vocal parts doing their own thing. That up's the complexity quite a bit of course, and yes...the easy fix for that is...don't do that lol. But I'm apparently a sucker for punishment. Apart from trying to pick out the individual parts and map them to a compressed note scale, two specific things popped up on this one. 1) the beatboxing part. That has always been a tough one to figure out with sequencing. It can kinda just look like it's having a seizure if you try to map it exactly. Still haven't figured out a way to convey that kind of thing cleanly. On the same theme, having all the vocal parts, when they are actually doing all different stuff at the same time, trying to separate them so they are distinct, but without looking too overwhelming or random. Some of that is going to be through color I imagine, and having to simplify some sections . Any thoughts on those points or others? Doesn't have to be for this sequence alone at all, more like general theory here

Post Thanks / Like

That song is certainly a challenge. Good job with it. If I didn't already have too many pentatonix songs, I might try to use parts of it.
    I use a very similar approach to sequencing as you do, picking out parts of the music and applying it to props. I've got two pentatonix songs in my show already. Mary did you know, and Little Drummer Boy. My LDB sequence is a singing face song. It's done with only 3 faces, but that takes a lot of the complexity of the vocal parts. From there I just sequence to the feel of the song. And I take percussive cues from the beatboxing.
    My Mary did you know sequence is a very different approach. I don't try to bang out the notes onto props. Instead I use the general musical phrasing and try to make scenes with it. I'm take a whole solo part and just twinkle a snowflake. Then when the duet comes in, twinkle another snowflake alongside it. Stuff like that.
    I try to take the beatboxing and only use it as basic percussion beats in the sequence. Often only using the pop and click parts of it.
    Here's MDYK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gUZC_QjyvQ I never finished editing the video for LDB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast