Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FPP Sequence vs Vixen Preview Configuration

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FPP Sequence vs Vixen Preview Configuration

Quote Originally Posted by davdue View Post
    Can someone please explain to me how the Vixen channel patching and preview layout are used or not used in the FPP channel output setup. I have a preview that looks great in Vixen V3 with Boscoyo snowflakes using the Wipe effect with the direction set to circle burst. In real life they don't look anything like they do in the preview screen. I have the snowflake setup with the middle circle and each branch in a prop that I created from a downloaded picture of the snowflake. The pixels are laid out just like they were installed in the snowflake.
    FPP is just the raw channel data so as long as you Vixen layout for the element and the physical layout are the same it should look the same. One thing to note, most wiring/pixel layout are "As seen from the rear of the prop"
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller View Post
    Did you patch the snowflake from the center out? I have those snowflakes, rather I did until I sold them, and are the center, middle and outside set in groups?Attachment 43706

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
    No it's not center out. It is physically built starting on one branch and working into the center and over to next branch working out every other hole and then working back in to the center and repeating. There are 48 holes in the snowflake and I left the 2 extra ones in the string and defined them anyway. Below is how it is defined in Vixen and patched (graphical view). It seems like to me that is the problem that my patching is in order of the pixels but not in the physical order/position.

Snow Flake Element Setup.PNG

Snow Flake Graphical Patching.jpg
    Dave-2990Px-20KLts

Post Thanks / Like

Default FPP Sequence vs Vixen Preview Configuration

I recreated the snowflake elements so they are center out rows like you said. Do I need to repatch the controller outputs like they are installed in the Coro? The start at the end of one of the branches and then move in towards the center and over to the next branch where they move back out every other hole and return to the center using the empty holes until the snowflake is filled. Attached are pictures of the element definition and the back of one of the snowflakes. It's kind of hard to see how they are routed though.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by davdue; 11-30-2020 at 06:31 PM.
    Dave-2990Px-20KLts

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, repatch in the order they are in. Note, only do one section at a time. Don't do the whole snowflake. Patching may not patch in the correct order and make sure the patch points match the number of patches. Patch Snowflake left - row 1, then row 2, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly why every other hole? Also, you did say the last pixel isn't used. Don't light it. Don't even patch it and it won't come on. These snow flakes use 48 pixels. Vixen should be set for 48, not 49 or 50. One thing you can do which I did is cut off the last unused pixels and heatshrink the end. Make sure you group the correct pixels for each group.

Post Thanks / Like

Default FPP Sequence vs Vixen Preview Configuration

Well I canít just cut off. It is one big chain of 418 pixels
    3 windows of 56 each
    3 snowflakes of 48 each
    2 candy canes of 48 each
    I would rather not have to cut and splice the connector back on. That is why I am patching them. I still canít get it to do the circle burst right. Iím about to change it to a simple pulse of the whole snowflake.

I have drawn out the snowflake and numbered all the holes. The reason every other hole is because 4Ē wires will not reach. I did it just like Boscoyo shows on their video.

I have the correct pixels for each group but currently I have just patched the whole snowflake to the next 150 channels in the controller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dave-2990Px-20KLts

Post Thanks / Like

Is this what you're trying to accomplish.

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't want that unused pixel to light just don't patch it. You will have an open controller output with nothing patched to it. The signal will skip over that pixel and go to the next. However, that means you have an open output on the controller so when you patch you can't just select other items to patch to unused outputs because something will fill that spot screwing everything up. You can cover it with electrical tape if it holds up to the cold weather.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes just a lot faster. I am doing it to the beat of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen. Here is a numbered picture of the snowflake from the back. Also a screen shot of the element definition for rows 1 & 2.

3-Prong Boscoyo Snowflake Numbered.png

Snow Flake Element Rows 1-2.PNG
    Dave-2990Px-20KLts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davdue View Post
    Well I canít just cut off. It is one big chain of 418 pixels
    3 windows of 56 each
    3 snowflakes of 48 each
    2 candy canes of 48 each
    I would rather not have to cut and splice the connector back on. That is why I am patching them. I still canít get it to do the circle burst right. Iím about to change it to a simple pulse of the whole snowflake.

I have drawn out the snowflake and numbered all the holes. The reason every other hole is because 4Ē wires will not reach. I did it just like Boscoyo shows on their video.

I have the correct pixels for each group but currently I have just patched the whole snowflake to the next 150 channels in the controller.

Dave-2990Px-20KLts

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast