Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E6804 Renard channels ghosting

Post Thanks / Like

Default E6804 Renard channels ghosting

I thought it was random, bit I just figured out that channel 57 is causing channels 25,26,27,28 and maybe 36 or 37, channel 58 does the same. Channel 59 lights those plus a few more with one channel flickering. It always does this and also did it last year, but I thought it was a programming issue, using Vixen 2.5 still. My profile is messed up and won't convert to Vixen 3.0 and I haven't taken the time to dig in. I just went thought all channels testing and finally replicated and isolated the problem.... now what could cause that. Using a e6804 to supply renard data. I don't have a USB to serial dongle to see if it's the e6804 data... its using firmware 2.4 according to webpage on controller.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: E6804 Renard channels ghosting

I set up a new Vixen 3 sequence from scratch, the channels did the same thing. So it's not a Vixen 2.5 issue.
    I swapped pics in the controller before the issue the controllers ghosting (25 to 64) with no luck.
    If I unplug the controller for 57, the lower channels remain off when 57,58 and 59 are supposed to be on.

Ok, I have a wreath and a window plugged into 57,58 and 59. If I unplug the wreath, everything is good. I thought the wreath was causing it, but if I plug new lights out of the box, same results. Incans do not cause it to happen. If I move the wreath to another window all is good. I'm baffled, my head is hurting at this point, but at least the glitch is out of the show.... but I would like to figure out the why. The other windows are on the same power source as the original window. I also tried swapping boards controlling that window.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting problem. To rephrase...a string of LED lights plugged into channel 57 causes strange behavior on other channels including channels on other controllers. The data source is an E6804. Several controllers are daisy chained together.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    Interesting problem. To rephrase...a string of LED lights plugged into channel 57 causes strange behavior on other channels including channels on other controllers. The data source is an E6804. Several controllers are daisy chained together.
    Yes, also the channels coming on are incans. You can turn them on and off by plugging leds into 57, 58 or 59..

Post Thanks / Like

How do you have the 6804 wired to the Renard? Is this a Renard SS?

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by WakeFan; 12-02-2020 at 01:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WakeFan View Post
    Used this method

Pic didn't go very well...its on page 24 of the e682 manual

Post Thanks / Like

Pic didn't go very well...its on page 24 of the e682 manual

Okay. Not sure what Renard boards you are using but if it's the SS boards this is how to connect for Renard.
    Using Cat5e install a RJ45 on one end. On the other end strip off about an inch of the outer cover. Cut of all wires except orange, orange and white, blue, blue and white. Take the orange and orange and white and twist together. Insert them in the ground of one of the outputs on the controller. Insert the blue wire into the clock connection and insert the blue and white into the data connection. For the 6804 there are no jumpers to set for Renard. The 682 requires balanced outputs so you need to set jumper for the bank of outputs being used for Renard. Unfortunately when using a 682 for Renard output you lose 3 outputs which could be used for pixels. Because of this I generally use outputs 4-1 to 4-4 for Renard. That way you don't have to skip over outputs when using pixels.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller View Post
    Okay. Not sure what Renard boards you are using but if it's the SS boards this is how to connect for Renard.
    Using Cat5e install a RJ45 on one end. On the other end strip off about an inch of the outer cover. Cut of all wires except orange, orange and white, blue, blue and white. Take the orange and orange and white and twist together. Insert them in the ground of one of the outputs on the controller. Insert the blue wire into the clock connection and insert the blue and white into the data connection. For the 6804 there are no jumpers to set for Renard. The 682 requires balanced outputs so you need to set jumper for the bank of outputs being used for Renard. Unfortunately when using a 682 for Renard output you lose 3 outputs which could be used for pixels. Because of this I generally use outputs 4-1 to 4-4 for Renard. That way you don't have to skip over outputs when using pixels.

Thank you for the response. I'm open to anything and will check for sure. They are the SS series. I don't think it's a data issue because I can turn the channel on (57, 58 or 59) and then make the lights go on and off on the other channels 25,26,27,28 by plugging in and unplugging the leds. Without them plugged in they all run fine and look great besides a small flicker around 128 or so, its random...

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the response. I'm open to anything and will check for sure. They are the SS series. I don't think it's a data issue because I can turn the channel on (57, 58 or 59) and then make the lights go on and off on the other channels 25,26,27,28 by plugging in and unplugging the leds. Without them plugged in they all run fine and look great besides a small flicker around 128 or so, its random...

Could be a patching issue. One thing that got my attention is your channel count. The SS boards only have maximum count of 24 outputs. To reach 59 you would need minimum 3 SS boards. So, if thats the case then you must be daisy chaining them. Am I correct and if not how are you getting more channels?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast