Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feel free to try these

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Feel free to try these

I am going to try this out overnight. It has been running for about an hour and so far so good. I was experiencing lock up problems using the renard plug in. I will run it overnight and see if it is ok in the morning. Thanks for the update!

Status Update: I ran vixen overnight and had no issues. The version I am using is 2.0.7.0, which is what was posted at the beginning of this thread.
    Last edited by chris2879; 12-16-2008 at 09:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been following this thread and have been having some similar problems with the com port and so on. I copied the zip file from the first page, made a copy of my current vixen 2.0 directory, copied all the files from the zip into their respective folders and when I ran vixen I got a program error and the program terminated. Same as Brad and Michelle.
    I'm going to try the new FMOD from before and retest. then replace the new renard.dll with the old one. cross your fingers. . . .
    Last edited by jeff.ott; 12-17-2008 at 07:47 PM. Reason: change

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff,

Download the fmod.zip file from post #12. It should fix THAT problem but if you are unlucky like me, that's ALL it will fix. What OS are you running?

Brad

Post Thanks / Like

Yep found the newer FMOD from post 12 and loaded that. It is runnig right now and I'll see how it performs tonight. I'm running windows 2000 SP4 on an old dell 660.

Post Thanks / Like

Nada. Still getting the router error and can't open the com1 port. then have to restart vixen. I notice that in task manage there is another instance of vixen open and it usually has around 12million (taht right million) page faults. Any clues here. . . Any help would be appreciated. Its painfull having to restart the program multiple times in an evening. . . .

Post Thanks / Like

KC nice chatting earlier mate. I finally took the plunge and loaded this version, and at least in my case it seems to work. I will run it for the next couple of days to see if it works, but initial tests indicate that it has fixed my issues at least.

Edit: It shows how keen I am - loading an untested (at least tested for 5 mins here) version on Christmas Day ;)

Dave
    Last edited by daviddth; 12-25-2008 at 04:37 AM.
    2011: The year of the pixels, LED's and glowing balls!
    [url]http://www.lithgowlights.com/[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this. I ran the fix earlier today for 5 hours and then it started my scheduled sequence tonight and it ran great until the last 2 cycles of my show. I found multiple errors but it still ran. At some point in time it started running 2 schedules of VIXEN and I was having 2 songs playing at the same time but only one sequence. I have been fighting this error and trouble for almost 1 week now. Please help. I only have 2 nights left before I have to tear down for the year. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I've been running this with DMX for 5 days, I think. I have had zero issues and it fixed my problem where the show would stop responding even though the scheduled program was still running.

Ron

Post Thanks / Like

How much memory is everyone running in their systems? I had 128mb of physical ram. I upgraded to 325mb today and so far so good. No crashes at all this evening. In task manager i notice the memory usage continually rise as the program progresses through the evening. Started today at 110mb at around 5:00 and now at 10:00 it is at 233mb. What are others seeing in their systems? It also has a large page file associated with the vixen application.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

2 gigs of crucial

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast