Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feel free to try these

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Feel free to try these

I thought I was going crazy!! I have been to busy to troubleshoot much, but am going to give this a shot for our issues. My wife has been rebooting the system when it crashes. But I was sure I had a hardware problem. Two Ren64 boards, but they wouldn't communicate two each other consistently. I took out the rs-485 and wired direct and that appeared to resolve, but then had more issues. Its been a weird season, to busy at work to make the lights a priority.

Thanks for keep it going KC!!
    Matt Stemple

Post Thanks / Like

Brad - try this fmod.dll. In supporting the 64-bit versions of Windows, Jared had to make use of a Windows function that in not present in Windows 98. See if this improves things for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post Thanks / Like

Crazybob - if this seems to be the correct path, you better believe that I'll apply it to the DMX parts, too.

Post Thanks / Like

Success :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    Show ran 4 hours and has just shut off at 11pm.
    No freeze ups.
    Running 4 renard plugins and 1 DMX pro.

Thank you and Merry Christmas.

Joel
    Lets get serious, I have over 10,000 channels on my back, just where do you want to start counting.

Post Thanks / Like

KC, this is "steve's wife" Michelle. On the desktop running Win 2000, I received the same fmod error that Brad H reported. I'll try the fmod.zip you posted for him.

On the laptop with Win XP, the "fix" has been running for 4.5 hours without failing; however, I had to use the old renard file. The new renard file would give no output. In addition, I have 4 errors that have occurred - won't know what they are until I shut system down in about 45 minutes. But even with the errors, the software continued playing.

Thank you so much, I was unable to be home tonight and left our son in charge :| - and he tells me that he's certain the judges were by multiple times and sat throught at least 2 complete shows - each show is 10.5 minutes long! So I am very thankful it ran without crashing.

I'll post in a bit with what errors I received on the laptop.

UPDATE ON ERRORS: laptop threw same error 5 times , 1st error occured sometime after timer had been running for 75 minutes. Even with errors, timer continued to play music and output to the lights.

(router)
    An output plugin caused the following exception:
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Execution has been stopped.
    Last edited by Steven010; 12-10-2008 at 02:23 AM. Reason: error update

Post Thanks / Like

THANKYOU KC!!!!!

Show ran 4 hours tonight without any problems at all.

You can't see it, but I'm doin the dance. :D

Thanks again.

Leon

Running Renard and DMX.
    DMX - includes the LYNX Dongle, LYNX Splitter, LYNX Freestyle, 3 LYNX MR16 Controllers, a Grinch with DMX converter and four Renard 16 controllers.
    Last edited by WWNF911; 12-10-2008 at 01:55 AM.
    [url]http://www.vixenlights.com/download/vixen_2(2)/banners/vixensig256.gif[/url]
    [url=http://sawmillchristmas.com]sawmillchristmas.com[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

KC, the new fmod file allowed the program to load and play on the desktop but it didn't play for very long and I had to use the old renard file to get output.

Running on the laptop again tonight, it worked last night with the exception of the error I posted -and software didn't stop when the error occured.

GREAT NEWS - just found out WE TOOK 2ND PLACE OUT OF 60 HOMES!! Newspaper is coming by to take photos - 1st time we've entered the contest.

Michelle

Post Thanks / Like

I did the same thing Michelle did - used the new update except kept the old Renard.dll in the output plugin. It has been running for three hours with no problems. This is the first night's run I've had without any problems. Previously the show would stop at random times throwing a COM port error or something about the adjustable preview not being available.

I selected the "use a profile" in the program setup and 0 seconds of cross-fade of course.

I'm on WinXP SP3 with one Ren24 and a home-made Parallel 12 port controller board.

Thanks for the fix (well for me at least). I hope this helps other people that are having issues. This is my first DIYC Christmas and now I'm really enjoying it!

Congrats Michelle!

Post Thanks / Like

KC -

I installed the new fmod and it no longer crashes on launch - however I have no sound! I tried playing individual sequences and running a program and it appears that the lights will probably work (the "show" is 200 miles away - I am using a serial port diagnostic plug). I will let it run for a few hours to see what happens.

2.0.5.1 continues to throw the Object Reference error that, like Michelle's, sometimes the show will continue - other times it stops until I click OK. I also had a complete lock up last night after about 4 hrs. There were no errors or dialogs on the screen when it happened. Took Alt-Ctrl-Del to get it out. Manager reported Timer not responding.

Michelle - thanks again for the "wake up call" - congrats to you and Steve on your award! Are you gonna put your show on YouTube so that we can be envious?

Brad H

Post Thanks / Like

Sound issue-

OK I discovered that it is doing what v1.1 was doing on this system - it plays the first 1 second of the music over and over for the whole sequence.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast