Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feel free to try these

Post Thanks / Like

Default Feel free to try these

The biggest and most obnoxious items being submitted to the bug tracker right now have been revolving around some common themes. Most of these issues seemed to crop up when version 2 went from beta to release. It hasn't helped that I haven't been able to reproduce them at all. The issues I'm speaking of are related mostly to Renard. The DMX issues may be in the same vein, but those binaries are not included in here to try to minimize the disaster potential.

Anyway, to make a long story short, this zip file is an attempt at undoing whatever caused this. Due to a Bugzilla upgrade, I've been locked out this past week, so I haven't been able to address each issue independently. If you're feeling adventurous, feel free to see if the rebuilt binaries in the zip file help alleviate some of your issues. Please, please, make a copy of your existing installation first, in case something goes wrong. I don't want anybody to lose any data.

Things to know
    1. This incorporates some significant changes to how LedTriks is handled. Doesn't incorporate Triks-C yet, but incorporates steps in that direction. It has been tested by a couple of users with good results, but your results may vary.

2. This also has a big change with the fmod (sound) usage (64-bit support, yay!). If you're going to use the Vixen.exe in here, please also use:
    • fmod.dll

• fmodex.dll

• fmodex64.dll (if running 64-bit OS)

Note: If you are running a 64-bit OS and make use of the 64-bit support, be sure to thank Jared King. He is the sole reason 64-bit support exists.

3. Some add-ins may not work with these files. Namely, Spectrum and Waveform. This is due to the fmod change.

4. You may have to re-setup your plugins. If you're experiencing Renard issues, please do use the Renard plugin in this zip file, otherwise you'll likely not see any change.

5. Since these files are outside of the normal migration path, you'll be prompted to update if you have automatic updates turned on. If you use these files as an actual installation, it's already turned off.

6. Caveat, caveat, cya, etc. In a nutshell, I really want to get to the bottom of this similar issues and have everyone running a smooth show, so I'm taking this chance. If you want to take the chance, too, then give these files a shot.

I'm not ignoring anyone, so don't think that. I'm here, Vixen is here, and Vixen will continue to be here as long as someone wants to use it. I'm also continuing to maintain it, contrary to some rumors going around. This is my pet project, I love it like my own child.

P.S. If anyone makes significant use of the channel groups concept, please email me with a good argument for keeping them around. Otherwise, a future update will be removing that functionality as it's causing huge headaches.

Thanks,
    K.C.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Feel free to try these

Haha K.C. I asked you about 64-bit support back on Computer Christmas! Anyway, this is good. Now I can sequence on my desktop instead of loading up a 32-bit virtual machine and doing things that way!

Post Thanks / Like

So far so good KC - this is the first night this year I haven't blown up mid-show. Ran 4 hours without an issue (thank god!!!)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi KC- I'll be trying this tonight to see how it works out for me. My show had pretty consistent failures when using programs or the schedule (with the renard plugin). I'm anxious to give it a shot.

Post Thanks / Like

Installed and ran on laptop overnight - ran for 7.5 hours! Threw the router output plugin error once but still played - don't know when error occured. Have installed in on the desktop dedicated to the light show and am currently running it live - will let you know how it turns out.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see this fixed FKOSTYUN's problem.

1. desktop pc - won't run the fix receive an "fmod-version" error and won't launch the program - this is a Win 2000 P3 machine.

2. laptop - run's "fix" and plays music great BUT does not output to the lights, run orig 2.09 version and plays & outputs but for an undetermined time. Fixed version ran all night but did not have it plugged in to run live

Any suggestions to fix the output for the laptop?

fyi, this is Steve's wife and he is unavailable so I'm despartely trying to get this fixed. Program stopped at least 5+ times during the 5 hours it was running. But on the upside, when the first set of judges came by it was running flawlessly! However, I think a 2nd set of judges came by and system was down and dark for at least 1 minute or longer and they left during the blackout :-(

Post Thanks / Like

Possible fix on the laptop - copied the "old" renard plugin over the "fix/new" renard plugin. now I get output to the lights. It's running live now - only 2 hours till show time!

any solution to the fmod-version error I receive on the desktop?

Post Thanks / Like

Steve's wife... (since I don't know what else to call you)...are you sure you grabbed both fmod.dll and fmodex.dll from the zip file? If so, can you post the full text of the error? Meanwhile, I'm going to go check the versions used...

Post Thanks / Like

If this works at fixing the problems, will you be releasing a DMX fix soon?

Post Thanks / Like

Well I am not so fortunate with the new version. I extracted it to a new directory and copied all my music and sequences over but I didn't even get past lauching it when it threw up an exception in fmod (screen dump attached). I am running an old 98SE system. I finally got 2.0.5.1 to run by unchecking the "leave port open" in the Renard plugin setup. 2.0.9 will not run on this machine but will run on an XP laptop with a built in serial port (but not one with a USB -> serial dongle).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast