Thread: vixen audio visualiser problem

Post Thanks / Like

Default vixen audio visualiser problem

Hi there , new to vixen but it looks to be just what ive been looking for

Been trying it out with just a preview to get to know its ins and outs.

However I have found a strange thing that I cant get past.

I have been using a 3min 30sec music track to test the software.
    Music plays to end and I have a test sequence across 48 channels all working fine , playing to the end of the music on the preview picture of my garden.

However when I turn on the audio visualiser it only displays to 2min 12 seconds , rest of audio display is missing.

The audio does play to the end and the part shown is the correct output trace for the music used , its got very clear beats to use as an easy learning test.

Where is the rest of the audio trace ?

Is there something I need to set for maximum track length?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: vixen audio visualiser problem

How did you make the sequence? Did you use the sequence wizard? Did you add the audio after the sequence was made? Did you check or uncheck "resixze the sequence to the audio length"?
    Thanks,
    Brian, your friendly site Admin.

Post Thanks / Like

Think it was the sequence wizard just exploring a new file

I added audio and used the resize to audio length

Ive just updated to version 2 , I had only found 1 on the website to start with

My updated saved file is still stopping at 2 min 12 sec on the audio visualiser tho the music continues.

Ill need to try a full new file to see if its just my first try that it does this with.

Update
    new sequence using the wizard on version 2 , still got visualiser stopping at 2min 12 sec with the original music track

BUT using another track the visualiser runs to fully 9 minutes

It must be a glitch in the audio file I'm using , tho it runs fine audibly there must be something in it (MP3) that is upsetting the visualiser.
    Last edited by wizardxmas; 01-02-2009 at 10:11 AM. Reason: updated with new info

Post Thanks / Like

I have noticed that when using the Audio Visualizer is that if the frequency level in the song is not high enough the Visualizer will not register it. The song will still be there you will just not see any thing on the line. Also have you tried zooming in on the Audio visualizer?

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

It was definitly a faulty audio file.

Ripped the track again and replaced the original file I was using with the new one
    All works perfectly now.

Odd thing was the audio sounded perfect , no audible fault at point it stalled the visualiser.