Thread: FPP Master Remote

Post Thanks / Like

Default FPP Master Remote

I just have a question about why you would need a FPP master and remote(s). I guess I am not sure about the relationship and how and why to use this type of setup?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FPP Master Remote

Hey Tomas, I have a Mater/Remote setup. I have my master running all the pixels on the outlines on my house and I have a PI remote on the lawn that I run my mini trees on. I run my Pixels off pin 18 and 19 of the PI and they have a limit to how many pixels you can run. Also there is a limitation on distance for the data connection.

Post Thanks / Like

Remote also used to run panels.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tomas041857 View Post
    I just have a question about why you would need a FPP master and remote(s). I guess I am not sure about the relationship and how and why to use this type of setup?
    There are a number of reasons. The biggest is network congestion. A bunch of PIs with local network switches (I use the small 5 port models) close to groups of controllers limits the amount of data each PI has to put on its local network span. I also have a PI close to my Renards. Renards use serial data. The PI generates serial data using USB to serial adapters. USB cables need to be relatively short so co locating the PI helps keep the wires short. Non of my F16s are close enough to the Renards to make a connection clean so the co located PI is my top choice. I also use a PI to drive my tune to sign. The sign is too far away any F16 so again, a colocated PI solves my data generation issue. Can all of these issues be solved in other ways? Sure. Did I have a bunch of PIs sitting around that made this an easy choice? Yup. My solutions may not be best for your issues. Just remember that you can think outside the box and come up with creative solutions for your problem set.

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q