Thread: Lip sync Eye Blink/close

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lip sync Eye Blink/close

Hello, I have the newest version of vixen. 3.7U1 build #996. I have a pixel singing tree from holiday coro. I have the singing tree working at this point. But I am not sure how to incorporate closing the eyes at different points. I know in the lipsync mapping there is a selection for eyes close so is there a way to have the eyes blink between phrases or on Rest? Really just looking to see how to trigger the Eyes closed string. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Lip sync Eye Blink/close

In Vixen, I have my two eye channels set up as eyes top and eyes bottom (and nose). Simply drop a set level effect on the eyes bottom/nose and I extend that so it is always on or present when the faces are speaking or singing. Drop another set level on eyes top and that I break up randomly or on breaks to make it as if they are blinking.
    -Wife-certified nerd

Post Thanks / Like

If you are using the Lip sync effect to drive them, I set the eyes to open and then when I want them to blink, I use a pulse or set level in the intensity overlay layer to make the eyes blink by turning off the top part which leaves them closed. Your prop may be different, but the concept is the same. I find controlling them manually gives me a more natural look. I can close them in certain vocals to emphasis high ranges, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffu231 View Post
    If you are using the Lip sync effect to drive them, I set the eyes to open and then when I want them to blink, I use a pulse or set level in the intensity overlay layer to make the eyes blink by turning off the top part which leaves them closed. Your prop may be different, but the concept is the same. I find controlling them manually gives me a more natural look. I can close them in certain vocals to emphasis high ranges, etc.
    Thanks for both of the replies! So I have a channel for eyes open and one for closed. So when I want them to blink set an intensity layer on both channels (with the closed one higher).

Just a side question, I. The lipsync effect there's an "eye mode" what does this do?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

The eye mode just sets the eyes fixed to which ever mode you select. The plan was to eventually add some sort of auto blink mode, but it just has not bubbled up on the list. So I set mine to eyes open and then just use a pulse with opposite curves to flop between them. The open on is intensity overly to ramp it off and the closed one is just a simple pulse to ramp it on. I make them with opposite V curves and it fluidly flips between them. Then just copy and paste that pair wherever you want the blink.