Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: 16 channel sequnces

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default 16 channel sequnces

    looking for some 16 channel sequences to get going. i'm struggling getting my lights going this year. as a beginner... if you have a way to share the music. that would be great too! thanks for the help! also how can i get the music via radio?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    ottawa , ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: 16 channel sequnces

    at 16 chanell what you can do it do full house effect and put a rainbow or any other effect and it will look great

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Florence, SC
    Posts
    145
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: 16 channel sequnces

    If your running straight LED light strings, here is a good resource to look at http://www.landolights.com These sequences are a little dated but still good, they are also in Vixen 2.x format but can be easily converted to V3 format. When you go through the list of sequences I tend to look for ones that have a YouTube link and watch the video and you can also download the Vixen 2 program and run it to see how the file looks. Also there is usually a link to purchase the correct music file or there maybe a modified music file included.

    Another thing you can do is look at the larger channel count sequences then pull out what you want, but be sure to give credit to the original creator if you post on You Tube. this is how I started.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: 16 channel sequnces

    Quote Originally Posted by BillW View Post
    If your running straight LED light strings, here is a good resource to look at http://www.landolights.com These sequences are a little dated but still good, they are also in Vixen 2.x format but can be easily converted to V3 format. When you go through the list of sequences I tend to look for ones that have a YouTube link and watch the video and you can also download the Vixen 2 program and run it to see how the file looks. Also there is usually a link to purchase the correct music file or there maybe a modified music file included.

    Another thing you can do is look at the larger channel count sequences then pull out what you want, but be sure to give credit to the original creator if you post on You Tube. this is how I started.


    how do i convert from vixen 2 to vixen 3?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Florence, SC
    Posts
    145
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: 16 channel sequnces

    PM sent

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Sauk City, WI USA
    Posts
    1,765
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: 16 channel sequnces

    To get music to a radio, you need a transmitter you can connect to your player (PC). The $10 ones might work for your purposes. But many people like the ones that cost a bit more. This one for example meets Part 15, has a FCC ID and can be set to .1w power:
    https://www.amazon.com/Transmitter-A...=3A2QCWQMGTFED
    I have no relationship with amazon or the Aupabu company nor have I ever used this transmitter.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: 16 channel sequnces

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    To get music to a radio, you need a transmitter you can connect to your player (PC). The $10 ones might work for your purposes. But many people like the ones that cost a bit more. This one for example meets Part 15, has a FCC ID and can be set to .1w power:
    https://www.amazon.com/Transmitter-A...=3A2QCWQMGTFED
    I have no relationship with amazon or the Aupabu company nor have I ever used this transmitter.
    you have an example of the $10 ones. i'm not sure what you mean by those ones.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: 16 channel sequnces

    Here is a link for the cheap ones. https://www.amazon.com/HiLetgo-Trans.../dp/B07X3Z8YTD If you search you might be able to fins some less, but I am not sure as I have not gotten any for a while. Here is a good video on fm transmitters https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4QHLqkRUic While many people will say the cheap ones are not good, they work perfectly to get you in the game. I started with one and it worked great.

    Thanks,
    Shawn

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: 16 channel sequnces

    Quote Originally Posted by BillW View Post
    If your running straight LED light strings, here is a good resource to look at http://www.landolights.com These sequences are a little dated but still good, they are also in Vixen 2.x format but can be easily converted to V3 format. When you go through the list of sequences I tend to look for ones that have a YouTube link and watch the video and you can also download the Vixen 2 program and run it to see how the file looks. Also there is usually a link to purchase the correct music file or there maybe a modified music file included.

    Another thing you can do is look at the larger channel count sequences then pull out what you want, but be sure to give credit to the original creator if you post on You Tube. this is how I started.
    I am trying to open a .vix file but it keeps giving me a error

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Florence, SC
    Posts
    145
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: 16 channel sequnces

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattchew1296 View Post
    I am trying to open a .vix file but it keeps giving me a error
    What program are you running? Vixen 2.x or V3?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •