Thread: Location property disappearing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Location property disappearing

I've got an odd one, something I've been chasing for a few years. I actually had a bit of time to slow down and think about it, and I've found what is happening. I'm currently running 3.7u1, build #996. I have a single-string element that does not show up in a wipe, meaning that it has no location property. I edit the location property in Setup Display, and confirm that both x and y are zero. Since Preview should update this value, I go into Setup Previews, note that the element DOES have position values. I move the element a bit, thinking it will update the location property, but when I look in Setup Display, it is still zero. So I manually enter location x and y values in Setup Display, and confirm that Wipe is now working. But if I go into Setup Previews, DO NOTHING ELSE but exit, and then go back to Setup Display, I find that the location property is back to zeros! This element is somehow unique, everything else has a location and moving items in Preview seems to update them.

I imagine if I deleted and recreated the element, that it would resolve this situation, but I'm leaving it as-is, in case I can provide any further details to help the Devs. At this point the value will stick as long as I don't need to go into Setup Previews, and even if I did need to I can manually reenter the location.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Location property disappearing

Can you zip up the profile and upload it to a cloud drive and then create a bug ticket and attach a link to it. If I can reproduce it, I can see what is going on.

Post Thanks / Like

Will do...

Post Thanks / Like

I saw the resolution, thanks Jeff!

Post Thanks / Like

ok i'm new to vixen but i'm having a little issue and i'm not sure what to do, so here is what is happening....

when i load up vixen and click on set up preview. i add a new preview it screen comes up with one option to click on " vixen display preview" i click that and then "OK"
    then a new black screen comes up to "preview my show" (nothing is there the menu is black)
    when i go back to the "setup Previews" screen, there is a button to " configure preview" when i click on that the black screen that was up to " preview my show" closes and i get an error...

Vixen Administration: vixenApplication.exe - Application error ( this is on the top of the error message)

The exception unknown software exception (0xc0020001)
    occurred in the application at location 0x00007ffa121EA719.

Click on OK to terminate the program

( above is the error message)
    i click OKand it closes the program.I have tried deleting it and trying again, no matter what i do it gives me this message. i thought maybe a was a firewall issue. It is not. so i'm posting it here to get help, not sure why its doing this. I am new and have not imported any images of my house to " preview" my show. hope i can get some help on this. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jsw2488 View Post
    ok i'm new to vixen but i'm having a little issue and i'm not sure what to do, so here is what is happening....

when i load up vixen and click on set up preview. i add a new preview it screen comes up with one option to click on " vixen display preview" i click that and then "OK"
    then a new black screen comes up to "preview my show" (nothing is there the menu is black)
    when i go back to the "setup Previews" screen, there is a button to " configure preview" when i click on that the black screen that was up to " preview my show" closes and i get an error...

Vixen Administration: vixenApplication.exe - Application error ( this is on the top of the error message)

The exception unknown software exception (0xc0020001)
    occurred in the application at location 0x00007ffa121EA719.

Click on OK to terminate the program

( above is the error message)
    i click OKand it closes the program.I have tried deleting it and trying again, no matter what i do it gives me this message. i thought maybe a was a firewall issue. It is not. so i'm posting it here to get help, not sure why its doing this. I am new and have not imported any images of my house to " preview" my show. hope i can get some help on this. Thanks
    I don't understand what you need help with. Does this question have anything to do with location property disappearing? Always start a new thread when there is different problem.

What version are you using? From other comments about similar issues, you should re-install. When you do, be sure to turn off all anti-virus type programs. Report back with the version of the program you are running and how the re-install worked.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    I don't understand what you need help with. Does this question have anything to do with location property disappearing? Always start a new thread when there is different problem.

What version are you using? From other comments about similar issues, you should re-install. When you do, be sure to turn off all anti-virus type programs. Report back with the version of the program you are running and how the re-install worked.
    i thought i did make a new one. my bad. currently using 3.7U1 build #966..

i can not set up a preview so i cant see what it looks like. when i get the error code i posted above when i try

Post Thanks / Like

I think i may have an issue similar in nature as i now have effects not wanting to be centered. I cannot seem to track down anything that may have caused this. If it is resolved in an update, do we know when the update will be released?