Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pixel ws2811 + Raspberry + ts1000 connections problems

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pixel ws2811 + Raspberry + ts1000 connections problems

Hi everybody,
    I have a problem with the wiring of these hadware. I have done a little mega tree with 10 strips of 50 pixels leds. I have a Raspberry Pi 2 model b+. I have a TS1000 controller (buy in Aliexpress. Here is dificult buy things, take a long time). I have a board with 8 relay module for take another lights on mi house. I run FPP and the relay module works properly, but i can`t light the tree. I donīt know what iīm doing wrong. I use de GPIO output for the relay module. For the tree I donīt know what GPIO I have to use, and how I can connect with the TS1000 controller. Can somebody help me???
    Thanks ,

Antonio

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pixel ws2811 + Raspberry + ts1000 connections problems

Do you know the protocol the TS1000 is expecting? FPP does not have direct support for TS1000 controllers as they are usually used in player mode. But they appear to be daisy changeable and if you know what the input is expecting...maybe there be a hack available?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. This afternoon I try to connect the raspberry (GPIO 18) on a mosfet and to the pixels leds. And they do nothing. The mosfet has a light and it work the same as the secuence I put on the vixen program. It light on and off during the secuence. I don't know if the secuence or the configuration of the channel are OK on the falcon pi player and on the vixen program. I put on the display a generic serial, and in dmx one and pro, and it doesn't work. What I am doing wrong?? On the FPP I put the channel 9 on GPIO 18. Is everything OK?? I put on Channel 9 because I also have a 8 relay for single lights on the secuence.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

A pixel string is not something you just connect to a GPIO. If you are using WS2811 pixels then you need to generate a WS2811 data stream. If you are using other pixels then you must generate a data stream appropriate for those pixels. If you can see the light on the GPIO, then you are not generating a pixel data stream. Add to that, even dumb pixel nodes need a PWM output pattern to do proper diming.

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Did you set up the pi pixel strings?

Post Thanks / Like

So I need another element. I also have a ttl rs485 on the photo. This will work? IMG-20201117-WA0036.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Mikekrebs I don't do it. How I must do it??

Post Thanks / Like

Mikekrebs I don't do it. How I must do it??

Post Thanks / Like

If I read the documentation correctly, you set the Pi Pixel Strings (in output configuration) and it talks about port 1 and port 2. Port 1 is GPIO 18. Press F1 for the help and you can see the setup in there. Looks like you should connect 18 and 25 (ground). And you should probably be close to the pixel string.

Read the note, when you activate those, you will lose on board audio.

I don't understand enough about the signals but I don't think a ttl to RS485 is the right thing for pixel output. But I don't know...A simple logic level converter is what is needed to get "distance" to the pixels. There is this video that uses a pair of those to drive pixels...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T80llbFYD98 Not sure what one sided would do.

Post Thanks / Like

So @MartinMueller2003, you mean that I need another hardware. The problem we have here I Spain is not the same as in USA. For buying special things is very difficult and also too expensive. But if I need something to run the leds pixel, or a controller or something that I can buy here please can you tell me the exact name for looking for it?? I will try in Amazon in case I can buy quickly. Thanks

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast