Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pixel ws2811 + Raspberry + ts1000 connections problems

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pixel ws2811 + Raspberry + ts1000 connections problems

The FPP direct drive GPIOs are also the sound GPIO. You can either drive pixels or use the onboard sound. FYI: The PI onboard sound is pretty crappy. Most of use use either a DAC or a USB based sound adapter. If you use a USB based sound adapter, then you can drive the pixels on GPIO 18 since there will be no conflict.

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Hi MartinMueller2003, four weeks ago, I bought a HIFIDIY TDA7498 for amplifier the audio jack that was on the raspberry. Like this https://es.aliexpress.com/item/40007...archweb201603_

I must use a usb converter audio, or a cable that take only the audio usb to jack?? is it possible??

Another question, when I go into Vixen light program, I must setup the display. What controller I have put for patching the leds strips??

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

If your PI supports Bluetooth audio then you will be ok. You wont be able to use the 3.5mm jack because that would require the PI onboard audio to be working.

Either you use GPIO 18 OR you use the PI 3.5mm audio jack.

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks MartinMueller2003, I will try tomorrow. Here is time going to bed. ;)

And in the Vixen Program how i must setup the display for patching the strips?? I have debugging values, renard, dmx, etc... wich one i use for the strip and GPIO 18??

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tripishadow View Post
    Thanks MartinMueller2003, I will try tomorrow. Here is time going to bed. ;)

And in the Vixen Program how i must setup the display for patching the strips?? I have debugging values, renard, dmx, etc... wich one i use for the strip and GPIO 18??

Thanks
    None. You are on the wrong tab
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MartinMueller2003; 11-20-2020 at 11:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi again MartinMueller2003,
    I didn't explain properly. I put on FPP in that tab.
    My new question is on Vixen light program. When I go to do a setup display I have to patch the light into a controller. In that tab, I have several controllers, dmx, Renard, general..., debugging values, etc... Which one I must setup?? Because when I export the secuence if the controller is not the one I'm using in the FPP it will not goes. What is the controller that works with the Pi Pixel String on FPP, in Vixen program??

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tripishadow View Post
    Hi again MartinMueller2003,
    when I export the secuence if the controller is not the one I'm using in the FPP it will not goes.
    This statement is absolutely FALSE.

My FPP drives a mix of E1.31 controllers and a renard. All of my controllers configured in vixen are a 'single' Renard. For me, the Vixen configuration is just a placeholder. The only Vixen controller you cannot use is Debug (I am not sure the debug controller gets exported). On the FPP you will configure the start channel and count for each real controller you have. This includes the GPIO outputs. You need start channel and count for the local strings.

NOTE: In the above explanation, I did not once mention 'universe' at all. The FPP works with a monolithic block of channels. You turn that monolithic block into "controller data" on the outputs page. On those pages you select the output protocol, start channel for the data going to the controller, number of channels to send to the controller and any additional data needed by the chosen protocol.

Post Thanks / Like

FPP doesn't really care about Vixen controllers if you set up FPP manually. All it cares about is the channel number.

I don't think Vixen has a gpio controller (not on my computer this morning) . So, you can't really match up controllers in Vixen and. FPP. To help keep them straight, you can create a 8 port controller of any kind and then a 3000 channel e1.31 controller. But that is just for your reference.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello friends. Now all is working, only two problems. The audio is not working. I try with a USB cable and donīt work. I must look for a bluetooth adapter in case it works. The other problem is the secuence goes ok, but i think is not working properly. It donīt do what they have to do. Also when they finish, several pixels turn on. I donīt know why. In all case, iīm very happy because all is working. In two weeks we begin the christmas here and i will do the show. I will make a video and show to all here.

I remember that I have an adaptor from hdmi to vga, and has audio output. Can I use like an external hardware??

Thanks .

Note: For the controller on the Vixen i setup like renard. And works all good. May i put a resistor o something between the pixel string and the raspberry??
    Last edited by Tripishadow; 11-21-2020 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Remember one more thing

Post Thanks / Like

When you use the Pixel outputs on the rPi the on board audio is disabled. A USB sound card is required to get sound.

Yes you can use external hardware. I am not familiar with running the audio out of the hdmi. Might work...easy to try by hooking up to hdmi TV or monitor with speakers.

Many rPi hats for pixels have resistors on the data lines.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast