Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ESP8266 vs ESP32

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ESP8266 vs ESP32

Quote Originally Posted by angus40 View Post
    How far for LED12 ? lmao

Do you use PlatformIO ?
    LED 13 is the built-in LED on Arduino Uno. It's 16 on ESP8266. The idea was just, in the name of keeping the workshop short, you just set the goal to be able to load an FPP web page on your new ESPixelStick, go to Display Test, assign LED 13 (or 16) to a channel, click "Enable Test" and your built-in LED blinks.

I was using old-school Mbed platform, but that was just because clients wanted it. I'm not a fan of it for Christmas applications. It's like killing anthills with nuclear weapons. Same as I don't like STM32 to run pixels.

In the latest Xlights call, they were advertising that they were trying to get an Indiana Mega Mini kicked off. Beautiful thing about driving to Indiana: if I fall asleep at the wheel (which is likely...) and veer off the road, what am I going to hit?
    Last edited by 1pet2_9; 09-15-2022 at 11:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ESP8266 vs ESP32

Quote Originally Posted by 1pet2_9 View Post
    LED 13 is the built-in LED on Arduino Uno. It's 16 on ESP8266. The idea was just, in the name of keeping the workshop short, you just set the goal to be able to load an FPP web page on your new ESPixelStick, go to Display Test, assign LED 13 (or 16) to a channel, click "Enable Test" and your built-in LED blinks.

I was using old-school Mbed platform, but that was just because clients wanted it. I'm not a fan of it for Christmas applications. It's like killing anthills with nuclear weapons. Same as I don't like STM32 to run pixels.

In the latest Xlights call, they were advertising that they were trying to get an Indiana Mega Mini kicked off. Beautiful thing about driving to Indiana: if I fall asleep at the wheel (which is likely...) and veer off the road, what am I going to hit?
    Assign pin 2 on the esp8266 and the onboard led will blink .
    pin 16 for the NodeMCU !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234