Thread: Live performance with sequenced lights

Post Thanks / Like

Default Live performance with sequenced lights

I've decided no matter what it takes I'm going to make sure to do this EVERY year when it's time to "switch on" the lights for the season. It was an incredible amount of work but thanks to the performance from these world-class artists everything was bang-on. I can't believe it. So amazing. Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Live performance with sequenced lights

Did you use a live parsing software or pre-programmed sequence?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Live performance with sequenced lights

We spent weeks developing a beat-accurate click track which they listened to through the headphones. The precision these ladies play to is unreal. I'd have like eight beats at 144, two beats at 111, one beat at 56, four beats at 120 and so on. It was mind numbing getting it set up. They then used the click track and recorded a rough session of the three pieces they performed that night for me to sequence to. I married the rough track recording to the click track, did the sequencing to that and then stripped the music overlay from the audio track so that when FPP played all they got was the click track. Winter was fast approaching so we set the performance date in a hurry. I only had four days to sequence the 36 minute performance!