Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calling All Vixen 3 Users Sequence Sharing Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Calling All Vixen 3 Users Sequence Sharing Thread

Thanks. Funny I typed the link in my phone exactly as it appears here and it sent me somewhere else. I searched on FB for v.lights.3 and finally got there. Just thinking if there was a permalink on the site we could get a lot more followers.
    Love LEDs!

Post Thanks / Like

My sequences are pretty basic. Iím using a Renard TR16 to control my light strings. No RGB yet. Funny thing this thread pops up while Iím troubleshooting my Halloween sequence. All of my Christmas sequences worked last year but I moved to a new PC and I think I messed up my elements. Somehow I created elements last year that allowed me to control my strings using the pixel sequencing stuff like Waveform. My new sequence I built wonít work for all my channels.

Anybody know how to troubleshoot elements in Vixen to allow for this? Or is it something to do with the fseq export file?

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to find some sequences to start with. I got several from PoPo-b-trippin which tickled my thoughts to mold them to my show. The starting process is where I have problems with getting my mind to see the song and get the lights to match. Hardware no problems. I guess too much of a nerd.
    Last edited by rangerdan; 10-18-2020 at 12:23 AM.
    FB/tannenbaumlights

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely support this effort! Let me know what I can do. I had enquired about this last year, but never really got it going. I might be willing to put up for a little extra cloud storage to house some of it if that's a problem. As well, I was starting a light show/sequencing FB GROUP rather than a page that lends itself to this kind of thing better, and it's even named for our "patron saint": Light it up like Griswold https://www.facebook.com/groups/2464056680338157/ I would be happy to have that host or be focused on this effort, and give admin rights to the devs or those who need it. At the very least, it's a solution for the time being.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdan View Post
    I would like to find some sequences to start with. I got several from PoPo-b-trippin which tickled my thoughts to mold them to my show. The starting process is where I have problems with getting my mind to see the song and get the lights to match. Hardware no problems. I guess too much of a nerd.
    As goofy as it sounds, close your eyes and listen to the song multiple times. Instead of trying to picture the full sequence and all the moving parts, just listen. And think of specific sections or little parts where a certain effect or series of effects would look cool. Start with those. Example: I did a song from Frozen 2 for the kids called into the unknown. The end of the song in the movie, she shoots out her hands and a wave of frost expands out and leaves crystals. I'm listening to that thinking oh I could have it "explode" white on the last note then have it turn blue and i'll add some twinkle layer. Or it's as simple as perhaps thinking of how a specific prop would work to represent or emphasize an accent in the song. The point being, don't over focus on the entire thing and get paralyzed. Listen to it multiple times and let yourself think of individual cool moments. Imagine you were watching from the street. What would look really cool or make you say wow. Apply that to short sections or areas, and build from there. Layer it. At least, that usually works for me. Trying to come up with the whole thing before tinkering with passages always causes problems

Post Thanks / Like

WAIT! I have been searching for a FB group for Vixen Light users and found one - however, it is not used. If there is one (the previous link seemed to go no-where), I think we can engage w/ more users of Vixen. I have been using Vixen for 9 years, I have dabbled in xlights - but at this point.... too much to learn and too many sequences to start over. Easier to learn to ways to make the lights dance in Vixen.
    2016 Migrating to Vixen 3.2
    Vixen 2.5x
    120 Channels
    2015 5 RenardSS24 @ 20,600 lights
    2014 5 RenardSS24 @ 18,600 lights
    2013 3 RenardSS24 @ 9,900 lights
    2012 2 RenardSS24 @ 6,000 lights
    2011 began researching
    [url]www.KentlandsChristmas.com[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rmansu02 View Post
    My sequences are pretty basic. I’m using a Renard TR16 to control my light strings. No RGB yet. Funny thing this thread pops up while I’m troubleshooting my Halloween sequence. All of my Christmas sequences worked last year but I moved to a new PC and I think I messed up my elements. Somehow I created elements last year that allowed me to control my strings using the pixel sequencing stuff like Waveform. My new sequence I built won’t work for all my channels.

Anybody know how to troubleshoot elements in Vixen to allow for this? Or is it something to do with the fseq export file?
    If you have access to your old PC, copy the entire "%userProfile%Documents\Vixen 3" folder to the new PC, it will have your entire setup from last year.
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruppro View Post
    If you have access to your old PC, copy the entire "%userProfile%Documents\Vixen 3" folder to the new PC, it will have your entire setup from last year.
    Thanks Ruppro. I actually deleted every element and started over. Now it at least appears to be working in the Vixen software. Now I need to find time to test all the channels.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12