Thread: The 13th Annual DIYC Christmas Card SWAP is now OPEN

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up The 13th Annual DIYC Christmas Card SWAP is now OPEN

DIYC Christmas Card Swap 2020
    It is upon us! The 13th annualDIYC Christmas Card Swap!
    The DIYC Christmas Card Swap for 2020 is now open and will run through November 16th..
    So what’s a Christmas Card Swap? You submit your name and address, your details are then given to other people in the swap and you’re given 10 other names and addresses. You then send those 10 people a Christmas Card and you’ll also receive Christmas Cards from other people. Easy.

I haven’t kept any names from previous years, so if you would like to participate again you will have to resubmit your details. Cost is a pack of cards – this can be as cheap or as expensive as you like, there’s nothing wrong with a pack of $2 cards – and the cost of postage to some local and some international destinations. There is no guarantee on the final cost of postage - you could end up with a lot of international post, especially if there aren't a lot of participants from your neck of the woods. Hopefully your postal service offers discounted postage for seasonal mail.

To participate in the Card Swap PM me your NAME, SCREEN NAME (if you would like it included – if you don’t type your screen name it will not be revealed to other participants), POSTAL ADDRESS and EMAIL ADDRESS (so your list can be emailed to you – if you do not supply an email address, your list will be sent here via PM), and a preference as to how you would like your address to appear to others (If you do not supply a choice then family will be used). In the past people have included their spouse's name or specified "The Smith Family", this is quite alright to do. So if you would like cards addressed specifically to you and a partner or your family, please mention it in your PM. Please see below for some examples.

Because of the positive replies, like previous years, there will be a special email address to email your 2020 Christmas Card Swap details to. This will be the same email address where your lists will come from as well as an email confirmation if requested. Email confirmations will typically be faster as they are automated and do not involve logging in this server. Anyone not opting for email delivery, can still of course receive their list(s) here. Just know that it does take longer as everything has to be done manually.

Due date will be SUNDAY 16TH NOVEMBER at 12:00 noon CST, and names will be handed out by FRIDAY 21 NOVEMBER. Names will not be kept and your details will be deleted at the end of December. Each year I get one or two people who swear black and blue they got their name in before the due date but if I don't have a record of their PM or email. I won't be accepting any late comers it's just too hard to include. I always send a PM (OR EMAIL) confirming I have received your details, if you don't receive a PM from me confirming receipt of your details within 2 days assume I didn't get your original PM and send it again. If you emailed your details, and you did not receive a confirmation email within a 2 hours, please check your junk folder first, and if the confirmation is not there, please send your details again. If I don't have you in my inbox or a confirmation PM in my sent items, sorry you missed the boat and you'll have to wait for next year.

I'm always asked if it's possible to get the whole list to send cards to everyone not just 10 people. That's not a problem, 10 has been chosen to make it easy for lots of people to participate (you already know how expensive Christmas lights as a hobby can be!), be aware that some years the full list was over 50 participants. If you'd like to send everyone on the list a card, just let me know in your PM that you'd like the entire list.

Hope as many people as possible participate, it's becoming more popular each year – guaranteed to make you look windswept and interesting as you receive cards from across the world!!

Here are examples of some of the most common examples for addressing
    if you select then your address will look like
    both NCmas1225
    Nick Christmas
    101 Hope Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    family the Christmas Family
    101 Hope Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    family_formal Mr. & Mrs. Nick Christmas
    101 Hope Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    family_long the Christmas Family
    Nick Christmas
    101 Hope Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    name Nick Christmas
    101 Hope Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    user NCmas1225
    101 Hope Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    these are just the most common requested, if you would like something different please ask
    email addresses are not typically used, except for emailing your list.
    if you have any questions, please PM me and I'll be happy to help
    family is the most popular and is the default

Thank you and Merry Blinky Flashy
    Ken (Keebler)
    Last edited by Keebler; 10-01-2020 at 05:40 AM.
    all pix <70 univ)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The 13th Annual DIYC Christmas Card SWAP is now OPEN

If you have PM'd Me during the interest only thread, rest assured I DO have your details and you wont need to resubmit. HOWEVER there have been a few people that just said "I'm in" or "Count me in" but gave me no information. I do not keep any information from previous years and will be unable to add you without your address, etc. I'll go through the PM's and if you dont have a PM from me by tomorrow at 0600 CST. then I DO NOT have you added.
    all pix <70 univ)

Post Thanks / Like

I MUST APOLOGIZE TO ONE AND ALL
    I have been out of town but will hope fully get the emails out this week (im home friday)
    all pix <70 univ)

Post Thanks / Like

DIYC Christmas Card Swap 2020
    It is upon us! The 13th annualDIYC Christmas Card Swap!
    The DIYC Christmas Card Swap for 2020 is now open and will run through November 16th..
    So what’s a Christmas Card Swap? You submit your name and address, your details are then given to other people in the swap and you’re given 10 other names and addresses. You then send those 10 people a Christmas Card and you’ll also receive Christmas Cards from other people. Easy.

I haven’t kept any names from previous years, so if you would like to participate again you will have to resubmit your details. Cost is a pack of cards – this can be as cheap or as expensive as you like, there’s nothing wrong with a pack of $2 cards – and the cost of postage to some local and some international destinations. There is no guarantee on the final cost of postage - you could end up with a lot of international post, especially if there aren't a lot of participants from your neck of the woods. Hopefully your postal service offers discounted postage for seasonal mail.

To participate in the Card Swap PM me your NAME, SCREEN NAME (if you would like it included – if you don’t type your screen name it will not be revealed to other participants), POSTAL ADDRESS and EMAIL ADDRESS (so your list can be emailed to you – if you do not supply an email address, your list will be sent here via PM), and a preference as to how you would like your address to appear to others (If you do not supply a choice then family will be used). In the past people have included their spouse's name or specified "The Smith Family", this is quite alright to do. So if you would like cards addressed specifically to you and a partner or your family, please mention it in your PM. Please see below for some examples.

Because of the positive replies, like previous years, there will be a special email address to email your 2020 Christmas Card Swap details to. This will be the same email address where your lists will come from as well as an email confirmation if requested. Email confirmations will typically be faster as they are automated and do not involve logging in this server. Anyone not opting for email delivery, can still of course receive their list(s) here. Just know that it does take longer as everything has to be done manually.

Due date will be SUNDAY 16TH NOVEMBER at 12:00 noon CST, and names will be handed out by FRIDAY 21 NOVEMBER. Names will not be kept and your details will be deleted at the end of December. Each year I get one or two people who swear black and blue they got their name in before the due date but if I don't have a record of their PM or email. I won't be accepting any late comers it's just too hard to include. I always send a PM (OR EMAIL) confirming I have received your details, if you don't receive a PM from me confirming receipt of your details within 2 days assume I didn't get your original PM and send it again. If you emailed your details, and you did not receive a confirmation email within a 2 hours, please check your junk folder first, and if the confirmation is not there, please send your details again. If I don't have you in my inbox or a confirmation PM in my sent items, sorry you missed the boat and you'll have to wait for next year.

I'm always asked if it's possible to get the whole list to send cards to everyone not just 10 people. That's not a problem, 10 has been chosen to make it easy for lots of people to participate (you already know how expensive Christmas lights as a hobby can be!), be aware that some years the full list was over 50 participants. If you'd like to send everyone on the list a card, just let me know in your PM that you'd like the entire list.

Hope as many people as possible participate, it's becoming more popular each year – guaranteed to make you look windswept and interesting as you receive cards from across the world!!

Here are examples of some of the most common examples for addressing
    if you select then your address will look like
    both NCmas1225
    Nick Christmas
    101 Hope Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    family the Christmas Family
    101 Hope Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    family_formal Mr. & Mrs. Nick Christmas
    101 Hope Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    family_long the Christmas Family
    Nick Christmas
    101 Hope Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    name Nick Christmas
    101 Hope Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    user NCmas1225
    101 Hope Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    these are just the most common requested, if you would like something different please ask
    email addresses are not typically used, except for emailing your list.
    if you have any questions, please PM me and I'll be happy to help
    family is the most popular and is the default

Thank you and Merry Blinky Flashy
    Ken (Keebler)
    all pix <70 univ)

Post Thanks / Like

currently there are 15 participants

everyone has submitted their information

14 people have submitted their email addresses, whilst 1 have not
    Last edited by Keebler; 10-09-2020 at 07:49 AM. Reason: update
    all pix <70 univ)