Thread: Espixel stick small setup

Post Thanks / Like

Default Espixel stick small setup

I have one matrix setup with tge espixel stick board. I need to take that matrix with me to setup at a offsite location.

I have a wifi router with me for the wifi to the board. Can i use a raspberrypi with fpp to control this offsite as well as have sound come out of the pi?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Espixel stick small setup

Yes. Load the sequence on the pi work audio. Make sure you set IP information on all devices as static. Hook up the pi with ethernet to the router. Plug in power and you are good to go. You can even set a schedule up to run 24hrs so that way when power is applied, it will automatically run.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    2012: 24 channels with 1 Renardss24 * 2013: 48 channels with 2 Renardss24's * 2014: Took the year off * 2015: Life Got in the Way
    2016: 1000 Channels for Halloween, mix of A/C, RGB, Pixels. Christmas over 17 universes, all Pixels, oh boy...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4586shaggy View Post
    Yes. Load the sequence on the pi work audio. Make sure you set IP information on all devices as static. Hook up the pi with ethernet to the router. Plug in power and you are good to go. You can even set a schedule up to run 24hrs so that way when power is applied, it will automatically run.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Thanks!! Will do

Post Thanks / Like

IMG_20201004_152249.jpg
    Here's my mobile setup: 12v SLA for the ESPixel Stick and Deco Router, 5v Buck converter for the Raspberry Pi and USB Speakers

I should be able to control a parade of ESPixel bikes but then still rejoin the home show network when the mesh Deco gets close enough. I'm currently running FPP, but am thinking LEDfx will be better for the random positioning in the parade.