Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will 1/2" (usually) grey schedule 80 pvc conduit work well with pixel bullets?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Will 1/2" (usually) grey schedule 80 pvc conduit work well with pixel bullets?

2 3/4 inches plastic bottom of the bulb to plastic bottom of the bulb. Holes are 2 1/4 (or some are 2 5/16) center to center.

And Oh, BTW, if you take a 3/4 inch EMT pipe holding bracket (pipe bracket with mounting hole on one side only) and bend it slightly smaller with a crescent wrench, the 1/2 inch PVC snaps right in like it was meant to. Then I just hang the pipe/light assembly from my eave using small hooks. 50 pixels fit just under a standard 10 foot pipe (about 9 1/2 feet), and I use 5 brackets and 5 hooks, per pipe. I use a standard 1/2 inch PVC coupler to connect each of the pipes together.

Then, at the end of the season, I just unhook the entire 9.5 foot section and hang it on a rack in the ceiling of my garage, and leave the hooks in the eave for next year.

BTW here is a picture of my super non fancy, no tech, not 3D printed, made from scrap plywood and 1/2 in dowel rod, drill fixture (the blue shrink tubing does not belong in the picture). Using a $20 yardsale table top drill press I have used this to drill over 3500 holes. The only issue I have had was, at first, I found that the line of holes would spiral on me, after a couple of pipes, I learned that I needed to to draw a straight line on the pipe end to end to follow when drilling to ensure my holes were not spiraling as I drilled.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Steve and Anthony; 10-09-2020 at 06:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Will 1/2" (usually) grey schedule 80 pvc conduit work well with pixel bullets?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve and Anthony View Post
    BTW here is a picture of my super non fancy, no tech, not 3D printed, made from scrap plywood and 1/2 in dowel rod, drill fixture (the blue shrink tubing does not belong in the picture). Using a $20 yardsale table top drill press
    LOL! Old school ways work just fine! Gotta keep my eyes open for one of those yard sales ... I am clipping my pixels this year but will likely drill them next year when I settle on my pixel spacing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123