Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does this work to use 12v wirh a Wemos d1 mini??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Does this work to use 12v wirh a Wemos d1 mini??

Quote Originally Posted by XmasinVancouver View Post
    Lol I mean in what? Your not fitting that directly on the esp32. Or are you just leaving it bare?

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
    These are used to mount everything once successful breadboard testing is completed .

Look at how your E682 has all its parts assembled for reference .
    Last edited by angus40; 09-29-2020 at 01:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angus40 View Post
    I agree with you Martin after losing an esp32 , and found these to be a great solution .
    Yes those are a good solution. There are a ton of ways to do a driver. When designing a device we have to understand that it is not a "distance" issue but a good Hardware design principle. Will your system work without such a buffer? Sure. Will it be fragile? absolutely.

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

These are used to mount everything once successful breadboard testing is completed .

Look at how your E682 has all its parts assembled for reference .
    I'm familiar with PCBs lol. Good to know though . I didn't realize you were using the diy PCB setup. Maybe I should do that instead which would bring things closer

Post Thanks / Like

I'm familiar with PCBs lol. Good to know though . I didn't realize you were using the diy PCB setup. Maybe I should do that instead which would bring things closer

Huh ? How else is there ? The sign says Diy on entry . lmao

Post Thanks / Like

I actually have 3 of the espixel pops as well. This was because I had a handful of the wemos, and I tried them last year and they worked amazingly well
    I found the Wemos worked well too so I developed a PCB for it that only uses thru-hole components so that I can fix them if neccessary. You can see it here - http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...ni-Motherboard
    Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Huh ? How else is there ? The sign says Diy on entry . lmao
    Well for example I soldered the diode in line between the Wemos and the sacrificial pixel, then sealed the connection with a layer of liquid electrical tape. That transition takes place right after the Wemos output so its just between the Wemos and the exit point of the wires in its enclosure. Obviously if I was running multiple components I wouldn't just do that, but so far, a diode or a fuse inline had been the only thing I really needed to add, so never bothered with the separate PCB. By diy I meant a blank PCB giving you freedom to run connections manually or custom for every single board vs a printed designed board like what bwinter had done

Post Thanks / Like

Well for example I soldered the diode in line between the Wemos and the sacrificial pixel, then sealed the connection with a layer of liquid electrical tape. That transition takes place right after the Wemos output so its just between the Wemos and the exit point of the wires in its enclosure. Obviously if I was running multiple components I wouldn't just do that, but so far, a diode or a fuse inline had been the only thing I really needed to add, so never bothered with the separate PCB. By diy I meant a blank PCB giving you freedom to run connections manually or custom for every single board vs a printed designed board like what bwinter had done

Or like Kev had I seen his message before responding

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123