Thread: Great resource for explaining Chroma Key layer that isn't really explained in docs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great resource for explaining Chroma Key layer that isn't really explained in docs

I've found the information on the Vixen site well written and useful, but there's still some really cool functionality that isn't explained or officially documented yet that I could find. Especially related to how you can control or what you can do with the various effect parameters and some of the layer options. Obviously, everyone has subjective tastes, so you have to play around to find what you like. But things like the intro and advanced layers video tutorials that were made and posted in the documentation were a big difference maker. Getting that explanation of how the system works and some examples of how they were used to achieve certain things blew the doors wide open on what I had considered I could do with the tools. The layers videos were great as an intro to their basic function and as a tutorial for the masking layers and a few others. But there's other options that allow even cooler possibilities, but the majority of people wouldn't know how to make good use of it. One of which is Chroma key. If you've ever wondered what exactly it does or how to use it to it's potential, see video I found here: https://youtu.be/BBTxr8tCkp8

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Great resource for explaining Chroma Key layer that isn't really explained in doc

That is a cool effect enhancement. It really allows some interesting effects to be built.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Great resource for explaining Chroma Key layer that isn't really explained in doc

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    That is a cool effect enhancement. It really allows some interesting effects to be built.
    It really does. I had wondered how to use it for so long and tried messing with it without seeing quite the point, but this finally deciphered it.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk