Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Espixel pops stop being able to access config or flash but still on network

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Espixel pops stop being able to access config or flash but still on network

It may be the ESP-01 module(they are cheaply built at best)....
    I have built about 20 using the same batch of modules with seemingly no issues but there could easily be a bad one...
    I did program all three I gave you using a Pops-o-matic programmer and was able to connect via the web and configure each with a different device name...
    I will program some others and let them burn in for a bit...
    Bring the defective ones back and I will give you new ones....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Espixel pops stop being able to access config or flash but still on network

Is this the page you see on the bad loading ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Make sense that its the ESP.
    Quote Originally Posted by packetbob View Post
    It may be the ESP-01 module(they are cheaply built at best)....
    I have built about 20 using the same batch of modules with seemingly no issues but there could easily be a bad one...
    I did program all three I gave you using a Pops-o-matic programmer and was able to connect via the web and configure each with a different device name...
    I will program some others and let them burn in for a bit...
    Bring the defective ones back and I will give you new ones....

Post Thanks / Like

It's wise to have the serial hardware to program the Esp-01. You could easily rule out a bad flash by
    simply running the espressif (esp8266-esp32-esp32 s2 flash tool) and erasing the chip to render it usable .

If that fails then it is likely a bad esp module .

Post Thanks / Like

Have you simply tried a different browser? There have been issues w/ the ESPs loading the web pages properly in some browsers (IE was the worst)
    Matt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12