Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crimp or solder wire tips

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Crimp or solder wire tips

On Power supply I use fork lugs (I don't like rings because of having to remove screw, but probably are the best).
    On controller outputs I use ferrules. I order from AliExpress and color code. You can get any color for same size wire.
    Black and White for Hot and Neutral. Red, Black and Green for Positive, Negative and Data and so on.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3299...27424c4dnynGoV

Just one of Many places who carry them.
    Rayhjr I Love This Stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angus40 View Post
    Spade will not work . Ring or split ring will work as they have relief for the screw .
    Hands down ring is the best .

I think we are talking about the same thing but using different names. A Spade connector is the same as a fork connector (and Iím guessing a split ring connector also falls in that category also). They come in various sizes so if ordering them online have a look at their dimensions before hitting the click button.

I like the Spring Spade connectors. They clip on nicely if you size them right and they donít require you to remove the whole screw for removal.

Sometimes terminal strips donít let you remove the screw so check that first before buying a ring connector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pjones View Post
    I think we are talking about the same thing but using different names. A Spade connector is the same as a fork connector (and Iím guessing a split ring connector also falls in that category also). They come in various sizes so if ordering them online have a look at their dimensions before hitting the click button.

I like the Spring Spade connectors. They clip on nicely if you size them right and they donít require you to remove the whole screw for removal.

Sometimes terminal strips donít let you remove the screw so check that first before buying a ring connector.

+1
    Always check specks before ordering. Being in the Electrical field we normally go with color. Yellow for 12 to 10 awg wire and so forth. Most of my fork (spade) crimps on power supplies are blue but the #12 wire fits nicely in them. Look at the barrel size and know what size your wire is you are using.
    Make sure it will fit the screw on your device also.
    Great point!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rayhjr; 09-21-2020 at 11:38 AM.
    Rayhjr I Love This Stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pjones View Post
    I think we are talking about the same thing but using different names. A Spade connector is the same as a fork connector (and I’m guessing a split ring connector also falls in that category also). They come in various sizes so if ordering them online have a look at their dimensions before hitting the click button.

I like the Spring Spade connectors. They clip on nicely if you size them right and they don’t require you to remove the whole screw for removal.

Sometimes terminal strips don’t let you remove the screw so check that first before buying a ring connector.

My mistake those will work . I had the solid spade envisioned .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12