Thread: Video on timeline spans the whole sequence, but video stops displaying at 1min mark

Post Thanks / Like

Default Video on timeline spans the whole sequence, but video stops displaying at 1min mark

On recent test build. Added a video effect and associated the video with it for playback on a megatree. Ripped the audio separately and associated it with the track. Playback fine for 1minute, and then, although video itself and the effect stretch the full length of the song, at exactly 1 minute, the video stops displaying whatsoever despite the playback seemingly continuing the sequence.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Video on timeline spans the whole sequence, but video stops displaying at 1min ma

do your logs show any errors with timestamps that match a time when the video stopped playing?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Video on timeline spans the whole sequence, but video stops displaying at 1min ma

I was able to use some random video on on of my props and it played past 1 minute, so I am not seeing any general limitation around it. So as Jon suggests we should look at the logs to see if there are any clues there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffu231 View Post
    I was able to use some random video on on of my props and it played past 1 minute, so I am not seeing any general limitation around it. So as Jon suggests we should look at the logs to see if there are any clues there.

So, the issue had been consistent even after restarting or moving the effect around. However, when I adjusted the scaling a bit, suddenly is rendering the whole way through. Couldn't tell you why/how, but I get the feeling it may have been more of a rendering in the preview thing. Based on the fact that changing that seems to have the software have to reprocess it or re-load it, and that seemed to do the trick. Not entirely sure why restarting the sequence, the software and then the pc along with shifting it on the timeline wouldn't have done the trick, but there you have it. Worst case scenario, I could have had the effect go to 1 minute, then put another right beside it and set the video to start at 1:01.

Post Thanks / Like

It will render each time the sequence is opened so it would be interesting to determine what would have changed with the scaling. Did you check the logs to see if there was any clues in there?