Thread: best way to mount leds onto pvc pipe?

Post Thanks / Like

Default best way to mount leds onto pvc pipe?

Ive gotten myself about 340 ft of pvc pipes and need to figure out a way to mount the leds on them. Originally, I was going to drill holes into the pipes but there's a lot of chances of me messing up. I've looked around and saw https://www.holidaycoro.com/PixNode-...odes-p/763.htm. I know that with a couple of zip ties, I could strap them all in. My question is for which way would keep them more secure?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: best way to mount leds onto pvc pipe?

I ziptied mine on for window frames. Those suckers haven't moved two years strong now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I also zip tied mine in a cross cross pattern. It took some time but they donít move at all. For the c9 bulbs I used 8Ēzip ties and had a good amount that I could hold onto and pull tight. It was not fast but Iím sure quicker than drilling holes in each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

You might want to take a look at www.boscoyostudio.com also. They have a bunch of different mounting strips for different places.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by camalotte View Post
    I also zip tied mine in a cross cross pattern. It took some time but they donít move at all. For the c9 bulbs I used 8Ēzip ties and had a good amount that I could hold onto and pull tight. It was not fast but Iím sure quicker than drilling holes in each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I did mine in a similar pattern, but you need to keep in mine that staying hydrated while working is important! (LOL)

Post Thanks / Like

I mount mine in boscoyo strips and then zip tie the strips to the pipe. More recently I drilled holes in the pipe and pushed the Pixels into the holes.

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

For bullet notes, try some Boscoyo ChromaTrim. It comes in 4-foot or 7'9" lengths (v4). If you have square nodes, I'd just ziptie it on the PVC directly.

Post Thanks / Like

Thus far, I've used zip-ties. It takes some time but it's not that bad. What *is* bad is that my OCD kicks in and I'm out there several times during the season trying to re-align bulbs that are only slightly out of line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stormyblade View Post
    ... my OCD kicks in ...
    I like to call it OCO.
    It's an order, not a disorder.