Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help! How do I convert files to V3

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help! How do I convert files to V3

While it may work to two step convert through the vix format, what you'll end up with is a whole mess of tiny rudimentary effects that approximate what the original sequence is doing. It's not going to be easy to edit and interact with. Also, if the process results in too many effects, performance will be very poor, and can even crash the app. Given the complexity of most modern xLights sequences for sale these days, the likelihood of hitting this threshold is fairly high.

While Vixen and xLights both blink lights, there's some pretty significant fundamental differences to how we go about it. And because of that, there really isn't a direct translation between the two. If we were close enough to have direct function for function mappings, there wouldn't be a point in having two different apps. Creating import/export tools on either the Vixen or xLights side would be a fairly major effort and one that would be highly subject to breaking whenever one or the other apps makes any changes.

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't want to learn to sequence in xlights (don't blame you) and only want to use a sequence you purchased/downloaded, you could just setup your layout in xlights, map the sequence(s) to it and save it as an FSEQ file that you can import to FPP to run in your show.
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

I must have missed it. Which song are you looking for?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12