Thread: Waterproof Enclosure For Moving Head Spot Lights and Best Moving Head Spots??

Post Thanks / Like

Question Waterproof Enclosure For Moving Head Spot Lights and Best Moving Head Spots??

This is a 2 part question regarding DMX moving head spot lights.
    1.) What is the best moving head spot light to make beams in the air with no fog or haze
    &
    2.) Where can I purchase waterproof enclosures for the moving head lights?

I am wanting to add some moving head spots on the roof of my house to create beams in the air. I have heard that a 230w 7r moving head will produce the beams, is that true or is there another light I should be looking at?
    I would need to have them in a waterproof enclosure as well.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide me!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Waterproof Enclosure For Moving Head Spot Lights and Best Moving Head Spots??

Do you have smog in your town? I'm pretty sure light beams need something to catch or they will just go off into infinity. Now, a 230w is a powerful beam and you might get light scatter from whatever is blowing over your house. But, if it is going to be important to your show, you'll want to think of how to create the light scatter yourself.

Someone posted once when they looked into it that they needed a permit to put powerful upward facing lights so that they would not interfere with things that fly. You might want to call your municipal/FAA office and ask about that.

I think the search you want to do is "acrylic dome". That will lead you to some resources for the enclosures.