Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pigtails on both ends or just one?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pigtails on both ends or just one?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruppro View Post
    Also you may not connect your arches but you may want to add other props off the end of an arch. All my smaller props like that I have pigtails on the end of the string so I can then run several daisy chained off one port.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh65 View Post
    I have eight arches, I run them in pairs. I put pigtails on both ends of all of them. By doing this I can put them in any order and I was voltage injecting the end.

Post Thanks / Like

FYI - We have 24 arches, 16 with on both ends and the other with only 1 end. There are times I am glad children are not within earshot when while setting up I run across one with only one end and I needed one with two.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by algerdes View Post
    FYI - We have 24 arches, 16 with on both ends and the other with only 1 end. There are times I am glad children are not within earshot when while setting up I run across one with only one end and I needed one with two.

Post Thanks / Like

You will never regret putting both ends on almost every light string, and the cost is not great. To me it makes setup easier and I do connect 4 arches together. Even if they are physically connected together that is just for data and power. You can sequence them in groups or individually. I also connect 4 mini trees together. And snowflakes. And light strips on the mega trees. Can save a lot of ports by being able to connect stuff together. Obviously there are som props that will not be connected to another like a star on the top of tree, but it is much easier to add the ends before they are put in props.
    Jim Nealand
    Kennesaw, Ga

Post Thanks / Like

I would agree that having both ends is helpful. A couple times, I've had pixel/prop failures, and it allowed me to "route" around it. I could just connect some nearby props, update xLights with the new layout and repair the bad prop the next day. It also helps if you want to just re-arrange things during the season or for the next season.
    https://RudolphSearch.com - Making it easier to find info across the Christmas Light forums!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12