Thread: Need HELP for Design Ideas!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need HELP for Design Ideas!!

I live up in the mountains of Colorado, and decorate my 1.5 acre yard with over 80,000 LED lights. I never have any issues coming up with ideas for this area. But in the back of my house I have a detached shop that has a roof high enough to be seen all across the mountain valley. Iíve never decorated this because it canít be seen from the front of the house/yard, but Iíve always wanted to decorate it because of how far it can be seen. It is also a very steep roof, so I donít want any design to be so technical that it would require a LOT of roof time like my normal home roof. I should also mention the pitch from the other side is a lot more accessible.

The roof is about 35í long by 20í high and can be seen for 2-3 miles away in the valley, to include a big shopping area. Iíve been thinking about just doing something simple like BELIEVE in standard LED lights and make it where I can just hang them from the pitch if the roof. See the attached picture of the roof. Anything I do also has to be wind and snow proof, because as I mentioned I live in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado at 8,300 ft where the wind can get super crazy! And yes the Aspen tree leaves will fall before December, so the whole roof can be seen mostly.

Iím looking for ideas for all these creative people on here...what are your thoughts????

ECB9BCDE-969A-4C07-B5F3-5BB45BA5EC4F.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Need HELP for Design Ideas!!

Around here in farm country, it quite popular for the farmers to decorate their silos with a single star. Always looks outstanding and can be seen for quite a ways. Some are smallish (4-6 feet) but the ones that really standout must be 8-10 feet tall. I am not sure how it would look on your roof but a Bethlehem style star 15 feet tall would be outstanding.

I like your idea of BELIEVE or any other of the seasonal words too. That was my thought as I was reading your first paragraph. I actually thought Joy as it is a short word! Or maybe this year a big HOPE would be appropriate.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike, these are good ideas.

Post Thanks / Like

That canvas deserves a gigantic pixel matrix ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Keep it simple if it is going to be viewed from a long distance as you describe. "Believe" has too many letters, you would be much better going with "Joy", "Hope" or "Noel". We did a large star on the end of our barn when I was growing up, it always looked great when it came into view.
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes
    2018 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights

Post Thanks / Like

That has definitely crossed my mind Steve, future goals! And thanks Tom, I have been thinking the same thing lately.