Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HP DPS-750 load sharing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: HP DPS-750 load sharing

I’m not sure if the fan is turning on. I will hood it up to some lights later and check the fan. It is possibly my fault that it is doing it because I soldered a jumper to the two pads to make it power on and it sparked when I powered it on. I unplugged it right away and pulled the jumper off. Then I remembered that when I got them back in February that they came with the breakout boards. (Not sure if I’m using the correct name) so I put that on and I powered up fine and was putting out 12v still. But I must have shorted something. Joys of being a rookie. Luckily it was only $10.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. you need specific jumpering to tell the PS to turn on.
    At $10 I'd pitch that unit and count it as a learning experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Srmorgan View Post
    Iím not sure if the fan is turning on. I will hood it up to some lights later and check the fan. It is possibly my fault that it is doing it because I soldered a jumper to the two pads to make it power on and it sparked when I powered it on. I unplugged it right away and pulled the jumper off. Then I remembered that when I got them back in February that they came with the breakout boards. (Not sure if Iím using the correct name) so I put that on and I powered up fine and was putting out 12v still. But I must have shorted something. Joys of being a rookie. Luckily it was only $10.

Post Thanks / Like

What? Are you saying you cant trust everything you see on YouTube.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Srmorgan View Post
    I’m not sure if the fan is turning on. I will hood it up to some lights later and check the fan. It is possibly my fault that it is doing it because I soldered a jumper to the two pads to make it power on and it sparked when I powered it on. I unplugged it right away and pulled the jumper off. Then I remembered that when I got them back in February that they came with the breakout boards. (Not sure if I’m using the correct name) so I put that on and I powered up fine and was putting out 12v still. But I must have shorted something. Joys of being a rookie. Luckily it was only $10.
    Oh, ok. If there was no load, I wouldn't expect it to get very hot, even without the fan on. Either way, I'd go with uke's advice, just to be safe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12