Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When to use ASAP?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: When to use ASAP?

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    At what point, height wise, does it make sense to use an ASAP? If not using an ASAP, how do you keep tension on the strips? Does the weight of the bottom ring do it?
    I'm planning to build one for this year and was thinking around 10 ft., maybe 12. Any tips would be appreciated. Just not sure the best way to go as far as the center pole and mounting plate(s).
    It does but you’ll need to guy it off in the opposite direction or it won’t stay plumb and possibly come down depending on weight. I used ball bungees on the strips at the bottom and tensioned them with guy wires. Some use j bolts. There’s several ways to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Why did you give up on the bottom ring? Were you having problems with one you had or did you give up trying to make one in the first place?
    my original was made of PVC. Yes, it separated (bad glue joints?), yes it flexed, yes it was 3/4". I thought about making a metal one, but in the end, i still had to stake down the ring to keep the strips from lifting it, still had to connect the strips to the ring, so i decided, less to store and not much more work.
    http://www.vixenlights.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Vixen3-Logo-435x165White-300x107.png

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ben&bobbi View Post
    my original was made of PVC. Yes, it separated (bad glue joints?), yes it flexed, yes it was 3/4". I thought about making a metal one, but in the end, i still had to stake down the ring to keep the strips from lifting it, still had to connect the strips to the ring, so i decided, less to store and not much more work.
    That makes sense. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12