Thread: Boscoyo ChromaPole

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boscoyo ChromaPole

I recently purchased 2 sets of the Boscoyo ChromaPole. I am using standard 12mm bullet pixels in the original Boscoyo Pixel Strips with a 2" spacing. I am finding that the extra wire between the pixels is hitting the conduit of my pole and causing the strips to move out of position and they are not as aligned as I had hoped. I am doing runs of just over 100" with 50 pixels per strip.

Has anybody else run into this situation, and how did you overcome it? I am considering adding a third ChromaPole "spacer" to the center of the pole to try to bring thing back to shape.
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes
    2018 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Boscoyo ChromaPole

I’ve seen a few different methods.
    1- use extra strip to weave in and out left to right every so many pixels to keep them tight.
    2-use J hooks on the top and/or bottom so you can tighten them up one in place. (This will need added support under the spacer to help with the added stress of tightening it down.)
    3- (more time consuming) Fold and zip tie the back wires of all pixels for a more flush fit.
    Sorry I don’t have pics of these thing my pc died and I lost all my book marks/images.

Post Thanks / Like

I had 2 pixels trees, a 990 and 954 pixels each. I folded the wire between pixels into an "S" shape and the zip tied it. Yes, time consuming but the trees look better and easier to store.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller View Post
    I had 2 pixels trees, a 990 and 954 pixels each. I folded the wire between pixels into an "S" shape and the zip tied it. Yes, time consuming but the trees look better and easier to store.

I have started to fold the wire between the pixels into your "S" Shape and they seem to be working better. Do you think it is really necessary to zip-tie them as well? They seem to be holding the shape fine for now without the extra step.
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes
    2018 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TomL8345 View Post
    I have started to fold the wire between the pixels into your "S" Shape and they seem to be working better. Do you think it is really necessary to zip-tie them as well? They seem to be holding the shape fine for now without the extra step.
    If they hold shape then good. I just decided to zip tie mine because they do get caught on other pixels when pulling out of storage.

Post Thanks / Like

We try to make sure to use square pixels on the ChromaPoles, but in those cases where we need to replace a string, we have them zip-tied so the extra wire between pixels isn't flopping in the wind. So far, so good.
    Live, Laugh, Love.