Thread: matching 5m addressable rolls?

Post Thanks / Like

Default matching 5m addressable rolls?

Hey gang. So I have a project I'm working on. I have 2 rolls of addressable strips and a controller. The problem I'm running into is the blue and green are opposite from each strip. If I pick green 1 roll will show green and the other will show blue. So I'm getting different effects/ colors. Red is fine on both strands if that makes a difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: matching 5m addressable rolls?

It sounds like the color order of the incorrect roll should be set to RBG assuming the correct strip is set to RGB .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IndyNick View Post
    Hey gang. So I have a project I'm working on. I have 2 rolls of addressable strips and a controller. The problem I'm running into is the blue and green are opposite from each strip. If I pick green 1 roll will show green and the other will show blue. So I'm getting different effects/ colors. Red is fine on both strands if that makes a difference.
    I ran into the same problem with some of my strips. You just have to go into the color setup for those pixels in your controller software (Vixen in my case) and reverse the offending colors.
    Making it bright since 1989...

Post Thanks / Like

are you connecting the strips together or are they on separate outputs of the controller? If you reverse the strips, do the colors that show reverse or stay the same?

Post Thanks / Like

They are on the same controller, a PX1 in this case. I just have the color handling of pixels 1-50 defined as RGB and 51-100 as RBG for example.
    Making it bright since 1989...