Thread: Multi use topper

Post Thanks / Like

Default Multi use topper

Not sure if anyone has done this yet but had an idea to use my pixel tree for Halloween without it looking like a Christmas tree. So I could display some life size monsters and such .
    In setting up my pixel tree yesterday to run tests I had an idea for a multi use topper that could be used for a matrix type deal for Halloween . Just by repositioning the top of the strings to match the bottom. Then after Halloween switch them back to pixel tree configuration .
    Drawing is just in idea stage at the moment while I configure it all .

There will be a support in the center of top arch section going down to the ground most likely rebar or similar .
    Wondering if anyone has done or tried this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Multi use topper

We did it one year. There is a bunch of stress on the top ring, especially pushing out that far - but with the proper support it works.
    What we have done instead is to put a larger "top" on the tree, leaving the tree shape. The "Top", in this case is a large plastic pumpkin, and it did the trick.
    Arms were added, sticking through the sides. Multiple arms could be added, if you want to get "extra-terrestrial".
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by algerdes View Post
    We did it one year. There is a bunch of stress on the top ring, especially pushing out that far - but with the proper support it works.
    What we have done instead is to put a larger "top" on the tree, leaving the tree shape. The "Top", in this case is a large plastic pumpkin, and it did the trick.
    Arms were added, sticking through the sides. Multiple arms could be added, if you want to get "extra-terrestrial".
    Thatís cool ...I will play around with it and see what I can come up wi

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilmar View Post
    That’s cool ...I will play around with it and see what I can come up wi
    One thing to note - hold downs were required on the pumpkin. It is amazing how such a large piece of plastic likes to try to fly!
    We ended up screwing through the top ridge of the pumpkin into the tree mounting plate topper. Until then, we got a lesson on how to put the tree up and take it down, several times.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by algerdes View Post
    One thing to note - hold downs were required on the pumpkin. It is amazing how such a large piece of plastic likes to try to fly!
    We ended up screwing through the top ridge of the pumpkin into the tree mounting plate topper. Until then, we got a lesson on how to put the tree up and take it down, several times.
    Lol when I put my tree up for testing yesterday I wasnít expecting to get hit with storms all night and still going so I was worried but even though no wires to hold her down all is good still up so Iíd say testing is completed lol.