Thread: Video and Picture files mega tree

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Video and Picture files mega tree

Hello to everyone, been a while since I have logged on here, but it is time to begin updating everything for halloween/xmas.

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for a good place to get video and picture files that translate well to mega trees. I finally built one for this years show (16x50) and cannot believe I haven't done it sooner, literally going to level up my show completely.

Also, if anyone has some good tips and tricks, I am all ears. My plan is to erect it this weekend and start experimenting with all of the effects so I can get a pretty clear picture while updating all my sequences and of course adding in new ones. I am also adding some singing C9 bulbs this year, but wondered if I could add some lip sync stuff to the tree for Halloween. I have scoured youtube but have come up pretty empty handed.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Video and Picture files mega tree

This might not be the answer that you are looking for, but my wife and I typically do internet searches for GIF’s and pictures based on the “subject matter” we wish to display on our mega tree during our sequences. For us, we typically only use videos on our matrix rather than the mega tree. We search sites like GIPHY and other GIF based sites for material along with locating pictures through “image” searches on Goggle for items we want to try and place on our mega tree. You can also make GIF files to display on your mega tree using GIPHY and other GIF based web sites. It can be a bit of a learning curve to adjust the files to look good on your tree but I think it has been well worth it. The GIF files sometimes have to be modified to properly display in our sequencing software ( Vixen 3) and sometimes you have to also play around with the sequencing software to get things to fit correctly on your mega tree. Some GIF’s may have copyrights or water marks added for copyright protection, but we tend to stay away from those unless we can’t figure something else out and then we purchase the GIF/picture.

I’m not sure about the lip sync on a mega tree. I’m guessing it could be done and if so, someone will probably chime in here. I just added 4 singing Christmas lip snyc bulbs to my display this year, but I did that on a large matrix. So I’m not much help on that.

Post Thanks / Like

for the best results considering your tree size is using this tool https://www.pixilart.com/draw/ . What it will allow you to do is draw your own image in low rez. I find my images look best when I do this. If you do use Gif images look at image size and try to get as small as possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys!! Much Appreciated.