Thread: Master Remote Renard

Post Thanks / Like

Default Master Remote Renard

I will be running a new setup for me this year and have a question about my Renard Plus controllers. I will be running a Master Remote setup with my Master as my show player with audio out and either wired to Remotes of wireless, not sure yet, not ready to test that yet. My question is, can I setup a remote to output my Renard? If I can then obviously I will have to go wireless to that Remote to output Renard on Ethernet Port(cat5 cable)? I'll be using Scott's pb16 boards and they have serial out but I believe the Renard out is Renard DMX so I would have to re-flash the chips or find another way. Am I correct on this? Would I include ALL channels on Master Output channels? Inquiry Minds want to know.
    Rayhjr I Love This Stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Master Remote Renard

the remotes can do anything the master can do. the exception used to be play audio or video. that may not be true in the current version.

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rayhjr View Post
    I will be running a new setup for me this year and have a question about my Renard Plus controllers. I will be running a Master Remote setup with my Master as my show player with audio out and either wired to Remotes of wireless, not sure yet, not ready to test that yet. My question is, can I setup a remote to output my Renard? If I can then obviously I will have to go wireless to that Remote to output Renard on Ethernet Port(cat5 cable)? I'll be using Scott's pb16 boards and they have serial out but I believe the Renard out is Renard DMX so I would have to re-flash the chips or find another way. Am I correct on this? Would I include ALL channels on Master Output channels? Inquiry Minds want to know.
    What kind of controllers are you using and what sequencing software? I used 682 and 6804 controller and sent Renard info as E1.31, set up just like a pixel but with one channel. FPP doesn't care if it is Renard or pixels, it just saw it as regular channels. The controller was set to Renard output. I used Vixen as my sequencing software.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I'm using a pocket beagle 16 board from Scott H. I use Vixen3 but usually keep everything in xLights as well.
    I used my E682's like you described for the past few years but now with the pocket beagle as a Cape on a board things have changed. It looks like using fpp master-remote is the way to go, at least for now. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Rayhjr I Love This Stuff!