Thread: Contingency plane for Halloween

Post Thanks / Like

Default Contingency plane for Halloween

Had an idea for a back up plan for Halloween in my neighborhood .
    Since most may not be wanting to run kids door to door due to rona . And the distancing issue I wanted to do something so the kids donít miss out.
    Thinking of dressing up along with my 18 yr old son and loading air compressor in truck so wife can follow and use a couple of low powered t- shirt cannons ... lobbing sacks of candy into yards of the children on my list.
    Most likely recruiting a few others in my hood to do the same .
    Thoughts or feed back ? Bad idea or good idea ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Contingency plane for Halloween

Maybe even string up the truck with som Halloween pixels and a pixel pop as my network is mobile .

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds very cool/ Make sure the bags are sturdy. Halloweed is not a good time to be trying to pick candy out of the lawn

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    That sounds very cool/ Make sure the bags are sturdy. Halloweed is not a good time to be trying to pick candy out of the lawn
    Lol true thanks

Post Thanks / Like

After taking out a mailbox and back of my truck I think I got it dialed in . I give you the CANDY BLASTER

Post Thanks / Like

That is pretty cool! I'd love to be on the same street just to see it in action....
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrNeutron View Post
    That is pretty cool! I'd love to be on the same street just to see it in action....
    Need to have a few people with these as it takes a min to reload . Adding on a pressure regulator to the gun so it will stay at constant 20lbs while staying connected to the compressor for quicker reloading .
    Thanks Iím sure there will be video if this goes down .

Post Thanks / Like

I built one earlier in the year for use in the opening ceremony this Christmas. In my experience, it works better with a wad, although my use has been limited to launching tangerines (you wouldn’t believe the hang time at 80 PSI) and marshmallow Peeps.

For sizing, the barrel should be 1/2 the volume of the air reservoirs for non-combat applications.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Contingency plane for Halloween

Quote Originally Posted by Kensington View Post
    I built one earlier in the year for use in the opening ceremony this Christmas. In my experience, it works better with a wad, although my use has been limited to launching tangerines (you wouldnít believe the hang time at 80 PSI) and marshmallow Peeps.

For sizing, the barrel should be 1/2 the volume of the air reservoirs for non-combat applications.
    I made reservoir smaller than what Iíve seen as I just wanted to lob a bag of candy 20ft or so . But when neighbor saw what I was doing he came over and of course we had to up the game so at 40 psi I lost a bag of candy as I didnít have it pointing exactly straight up but yes I believe the hang time . Also found out the ziplock baggies if you leave just enough air in it with the candy it works excellent and hasnít broke open on launch only when it hits something solid like my truck or a tree or my mailbox. Next one may be even smaller . Either way was a fun build and even more fun to play with .