Thread: Need suggestions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need suggestions

I have made this mask and would like to add 3 small led red lights in the left upper hole for the targeting system.
    Also somehow possibly light the eyes .
    Need a small set up to mount inside the helmet run by a battery of some type .
    Anyone know of a device small enough maybe watch type battery that I can run a switch down to the arm gauntlet control panel ?
    Wanting to add the cool factor to it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Need suggestions

I imagine the arm unit will have some leds of its own and a lot more room inside to mount a coin battery. Three red LEDs (I'd suggest clear lens as they're brighter) hot-glued together in a triangle (or fast-set epoxy) and wired in parallel would work. Then you'd just run a pair of stranded cat5 wires (just a pair, not the whole bundle; stranded because it'll flex better) out of the helmet and down through your arm to your "switch." A CR2032 battery would be easy to mount (duct tape would work) and you might put a 330-540 ohm resistor in line with the switch. Piece of cake.

http://digwdf.com/store/
    Even though the DIGWDF Store has been closed for two years, it's still awesome!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Need suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by dirknerkle View Post
    I imagine the arm unit will have some leds of its own and a lot more room inside to mount a coin battery. Three red LEDs (I'd suggest clear lens as they're brighter) hot-glued together in a triangle (or fast-set epoxy) and wired in parallel would work. Then you'd just run a pair of stranded cat5 wires (just a pair, not the whole bundle; stranded because it'll flex better) out of the helmet and down through your arm to your "switch." A CR2032 battery would be easy to mount (duct tape would work) and you might put a 330-540 ohm resistor in line with the switch. Piece of cake.
    Sweet thank you !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk